8

The next night Taya came to pick me up for the party. We drove in silence. But once we got there the loud music interrupted the silence.

I walked in the house and was hit by the smell of smoke and alcohol.

"You made it." I heard Derek say as he grabbed my arm.

"Yeah." I said an turned around.

"You look. Wow." He said looking at me from head to toe.

"Are you drunk?"

"No, why would you think that?"

"Your not acting like the Derek I know."

"So…?"

"Whatever."

"Wanna dance?"

"Um sure."

Me and Derek danced to a few songs until we got tired of dancing. We sat on a couch and chatted.

"Did you know that your gorgeous!"

DEREK POV

Did I just say that? She looked at me shocked then she smiled. "Thanks. Your not that bad looking yourself."

"Thanks."

~*~

After the party me, Jace, and Bailey helped Caleb clean his now messy house. Just as we finished his parents walked in.

"Hi Jace, and Derek. Oh, whos. Derek, you have a new girlfriend?" Sandra said.

I looked at her confused and saw Bailey had her head on my shoulder and she was sleeping.

"Haha, no. She's my neighbor."

"He wishes." Caleb said wiggling his eyebrows.

"Dude how many times do I have to tell you and Recce that I barely know her." I said and got up gently laying her head on the arm of the couch.

"Um… you guys seem more then  acquaintance."

I rolled my eyes. "You three can stay tonight. Wanna take her up to a guest room?" Dunkin asked.

I picked Bailey up bridal style but she ended up waking up. She jumped out of my arms and looked at me. "Don't touch me." She said making everyone laugh.

"I was only taking you to a guest room." I said pointing upstairs.

"You couldn't have just woken me up? Lead the way." She said

I led her to a room with a bed, TV, chair, and a rug by the bed.

"Thanks." She said laying on the bed.

"I'll… go get you some clothes." I said walking to Caleb's room.

"I'm taking some clothes for Bailey." I said grabbing some shorts and a T-shirt.

"Okay." Caleb said.

I walked back to the room Baliey was sleeping in and handed her clothes. "The bathroom is down the hall." I said and left.

I walked to the living room and laid down and fell asleep.

~*~

I woke up the next morning to Bailey poking me.

"What?" I snapped.

"Your a grouch. I need to go home. My parents are going to flip bombs at you if they find out you didn't bring home last night."

Is she serious. Her parents do that.