8

Diego's pov

A few hours later we arrived back home, only to find the land bridge was crushed.

We thought no one was left, until Manny heard Peaches. We got closer and closer and saw Gutt, again.

our ships came closer, then Shira caught my eye, she was struggling to stand up.

As Manny and Gutt talked back and forth, I snuck over to Shira.

"Are you okay?" I ask helping her up.

"Im okay Diego." She says, I could tell she wasnt okay.

As things got intense between Manny and Gutt, a fight started.

We all fought back and forth trying to free Ellie and Peaches. Everyone was fighting until Precious wipes out everyone except Gutt. Gutt and Manny slide off on some ice.

"Thanks for helping me up earlier." Shira says walking up behind me.

"your welcome" I say standing closer so she can lean her aching body on me, "Now will you please tell me what happened." I say.

she nods, "Gutt has been, hurting me ever since he found out I helped you escape."

Shira's pov

Diego allows me to lean on him as I explain Gutt's recent actions.

"but its okay, I couldnt let him get to you guys, you had to get home." I say.

"Shira we could've handled him, he shouldn't have hurt you." He says.

"Its oka-"

I was interrupted by Manny entering in on the back of precious. Everyone cheers and runs towards him, Diego looks at me.

"go on go see your bestfriend, I can stand up on my own." I say slightly laughing.

Everyone surrounds Manny, after a few minutes I walk back up to Diego.

"still want me on your scurvy crew?" I ask changing the subject from our previous conversation

"you bet." he says, and letting me lean on him, "welcome to our herd."

I smile back at him.

-----