Chapter Eight

"That school's full of it." Zoe groaned as she dragged Kyle into the living room were Queenie lay lazily, typing away at her phone.

"What happened?" Queenie looked up from her phone and gave Zoe a quick once over before returning to Twitter.

"Some bitches there, I swear on all things holy-"

"Yeah, sorry about that." Queenie looked up to see two pale guys walk in. One was wearing a black blouse and dress pants, his belt and shoes were also black but his tie was bright red which matched his friends eyeliner, the other guy wore a white blouse and black vest, dress pants, belt and shoes were all black however.

"They're from the college -this is Gerard-" Gerard nodded at Queenie, who only raised an eyebrow. "And this is Frank." Frank had been the one to talk. He smiled widely and barked out a 'Hello'. Queenie gave a quick nod.

Nobody noticed but Gerard was on deep thought, as if there was a strong and dark aura about the house they were currently stood in. His eyes darted across the room, as if trying to track down the source of this darkness, but he knew it wouldn't do any good. His eyes wondered back to his boyfriend's and he found his fingers interlocking with his partners. Frank eyed him oddly but continued small chatter with Zoe.

Gerard's mind was riddled with thoughts, he almost didn't answer his phone ringing in time. He swiped across the screen and pressed the phone against his ear.

"Hey bro bro" Mikey's voice emitted from the phone, Gerard let out a relieved sigh and smiled.

"Mikey Mouse, what's up?" Gerard inquired. Frank looked at Gerard and mouthed 'Brother' to Zoe and Kyle, they only nodded in understanding.

"They've given us a job, we can eat this target, too." Mikey grinned into the phone, Gerard could almost hear it.

"Who?" Gerard asked, almost kicking Frank because he could see him smirk.

"Her name is Queenie, she grew up in foster and even they don't know her original last name, apparently the parents that put her in was just a couple of adults who were holding onto the baby until someone claimed it, they refused to give her their last name, though." Gerard's eyes landed on the Queenie sitting on the couch.

"Where?" He whispered, hoping it wasn't the girl sitting in front of him.

"According to Google Maps, it's the same house you said you were going to." 'Damn.' Gerard thought, squeezing his eyes shut, ignoring the tilt of Zoe and Kyle's head.

"Can't do it." Gerard said with finality. Frank raised an eyebrow and Mikey sighed.

"Look, come home an talk about it, yeah?" Gerard sighed again.

"Yeah. Ciao." Gerard ended the call after hearing the 'bye bro bro'.

Zoe wanted to ask but decided not to, however it seemed she didn't need to as Kyle opened his mouth. "What was that about?"

"Oh, my brother just invite me to the movies tonight, but I couldn't make it." Gerard lied smoothly.

"You looked serious about some movie." Kyle pushed, raising an eyebrow.

"It's Suicide Squad, I want to go so badly but I barely have money for a bus ride home." Gerard pouted.

Frank wiggled his eyebrows "I'll make you feel better, Gee." Gerard blushed and bowed politely at the couple.

"I'm sorry, we did just get here but I'm afraid we're going to have to leave." Zoe giggled and bowed back at Gerard.

"Please, don't wait any longer." Frank waved at Kyle and Zoe from where he was being dragged by Gerard.

As they exited the house, Frank looked at Gerard and mumbled "Did you sense the darkness, too?"

Gerard nodded "we also have to kill Queenie." Gerard glanced at Frank, watching as his partner silently cursed himself. "We could've eaten this one, too."

"This is bullshit." Frank muttered. "I know where we can send her."

--

"They seemed cool." Violet said, staring at the two boys walking away from their house. She turned around and saw her smiling mother, rocking her baby brother.

"They do, but I think the tall one sensed something's up with the house." Vivian murmured whilst cooing to her son.

"Maybe he knows?" Violet asked, sitting down next her mother. She looked behind them to see her kind-of boyfriend standing in the hallway shoving someone, she could only assume it was one of the gay guys.

"Maybe." Vivian shrugged. They heard a loud cackling and suddenly Tate was thrown across the room they were in. Chad marched in looking as pissed as ever while Tate laughed and he tried wiping off the blood, but only succeeding in smearing it in his skin.

"Just because I'm gay, doesn't mean I'll fuck every guy in the house!" Chad picked Tate up by the collar and proceeded to punch him in the face repeatedly.

Violet raised an eyebrow, her mother had long since disappeared but Violet had stayed behind. She tilted her head from side to side. Curious to Tate's Masochism. He seemed to enjoy the pain, in fact he became almost like a lunatic - it was now that the darkness was an obvious trait in her lovers soul.

Usually Violet would have done anything to stop Tate from getting hurt. But her eyes were much more open now, and now she just allows him to continue with his childish actions. After about ten minutes of Tate's maniacal laughter and Chad's screaming and grunting as his fist connected to any part of Tate's body, Violet spoke.

"Chad, have you finally released all your pent up anger?" Chad suddenly dropped Tate and spun around, patting down parts of his clothes.

"Yes..." He said, walking towards the door "I think I have."

Tate was limp on the ground for two minutes before pushing himself off the ground and flopping himself next to Violet, groaning at the pain.

"You actually brought it on yourself." She raised her eyebrows in amusement as Tate looked at her, taking in his little flowers beautiful smile.

"It's not my fault those fairies can't take a joke." He laughed to himself.

"You know, you really shouldn't be so Homophobic towards them." Violet gave a side smile, but Tate could tell it had dropped drastically.

"You should know that I don't care who they love, I don't care who anyone loves. I just care about us and our love."  Violet smiled and kissed Tate's cheek, he only chuckled faintly in reply.

"Okay, I believe you."