Liars Settle Into Sockets, Flip The Switch And Watch Them Run

Tony's POV

I jumped up from my sleep, I was woken up by phone going off next to my ear. I tried to feel around on the couch I was lying on to find my phone and took it up to my ear without opening my eyes.

"Hello?" I said. My voice sounded like it had been scrubbed with sandpaper.

"Tony where the fuck are you? We're supposed to have band practice!" Jaime said through the phone. I was still half asleep and couldn't quite process what was going on. I hadn't even figured out what day it was yet.

I opened my eyes and looked around my living room to find any kind indication of what time it was. I saw on the clock on the wall across from me that it was two pm. I must've eventually fallen asleep after hours of being awake.

"I'm sorry, Himes. I'll be there." I said, immediately hanging up after. I didn't need him to interrogate me about why I was late.

I sat up straight and dragged my hands over my face. I felt like I had slept for a long time, but still wasn't totally satisfied. I was tired, but a different kind of tired as normal.

Tequila, laughing, a horrible crashing sound, a scream, bars...Did it all really happen? It was only a few hours ago, but it seemed like a horrible dream that kept haunting me.

Do you know those moments when you just had a nightmare and then after you wake up, you still feel scared for quite some time? Well, that was how I felt and all I could hope for was that it would go away soon.

I stood up and walked back to my bedroom, heading straight for my closet. I took out a random t-shirt and jeans. I didn't even bother showering. I had already done that when I came home this morning, trying to wash the stench of the cell away. I put up a snapback so I wouldn't have to do my hair and then walked over to the front door.

Only then I realized I had no idea how to get to Vic's house, where we had band practice. My driver's license wasn't valid anymore since this night and they had taken my car to the police office. Which meant I needed to start using the bus.

I groaned. I fucking hated the bus. The bus was one of the reasons why I started taking driving lessons as soon as I could. The smell was always horrible in busses and for some reason people always stared at me in busses. Okay, people always stared at me, but in busses I couldn't just stand up and walk away from it.

But even though I never went with the bus, I'd rather go with one now than go with my car. Even if I still had one. I didn't want to think about getting inside a car right now. The last thing I wanted to do was hurt more people.

*

"Wow, you look horrible." Mike said as I entered Vic's living room. The other three boys were sitting on the grey couch and they all looked up at me as I entered. I didn't want to look at Vic, afraid he would shoot me the disappointed face again. I wondered if he had told the guys. Maybe they had found out through social media. I hadn't looked at the notifications on my phone since I was at that bar last night. I would only make it worse if rumors started appearing on there.

"Well, thank you, Mike. It's not like you have ever looked better." I said, a bad attempt to make a joke. I sat down on the couch, trying to sit as far away from the others. Which wasn't hard, Vic had quite a long couch, one of those that were shaped like a corner, you know.

Jaime grinned. "Hungover? It would actually explain why you're late." He said.

I looked at Vic who was shooting my an expectant look. They didn't know yet. He hadn't told him. I guess he was expecting me to do that. But I wasn't planning on breaking my little act here.