Chapter 3

Heyooo!! It's me :)) I got my first commenter! This chapter is dedicated to you, Nefariouserein!! This chapter's stalker song is  "Two Steps Behind" by Def Leppard! I hope you enjoy :) If you have any suggestions or corrections, leave your comments below! 

<3 Pia

˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚

Madison Vaughn

I always pictured my airport scene to be dramatic. I, who had never been away from my grandparents for more than a day, was leaving for college and was not going to be able to see them for the rest of the year. I thought I would be crying my eyes out. But now, standing in front of my family, it hadn't hit me quite yet. I didn't feel like I was about to board a plane going to Europe. I didn't feel like I was going to college. None of it felt real just yet. I had a feeling, though, that it would hit me when I got there. But now, I felt nothing.

"You have to call us everyday," my grandmother said, smiling as she held my cheeks in her hands. She didn't look like she was about to cry. I guessed it hadn't hit her either.

I nodded, "I promise, mama."

"Oh! I almost forgot, dear," my grandfather said, fishing through his pockets and bringing out a pack of gum. "You'll need this, in case your ears pop!"

I smiled and took the pack from him. "Thanks, papa," I said, kissing him on the cheek.

Cara, who was the only one crying, threw her arms around me one last time. "Be good, ok?"

I laughed, "Like I can afford to be otherwise. Do you know the kind of battle I'm about to enter?"

She looked at me, sniffling before asking, "What?"

"I'm supposed to maintain a scholarship in The University Of Cambridge. Do you know how hard that's going to be?"

"Very?"

"Very," I confirmed. "I won't have time for trouble, don't worry. I'll be too busy being a nerd," I winked.

Lesley raised her eyebrows at me. "Too busy even for Brent?"

I gave her a look that said 'are you seriously asking me that question?' "Of course not. I always have time for Brent."

My family laughed.

Aunt Sally, Cara's mother, gave me a hug next. "Don't work yourself too hard, ok kiddo?"

"I'll try," I assured her before pulling away and picking my carry-on bag up from the floor. "Ok guys, this is it."

I took one good look at the people I loved and said my final goodbyes. The moment I turned my back on them, that was when it hit me. The tears streamed down my face and I couldn't control it. I wanted to run back to them. Instead, I decided to keep walking. I was afraid that if I looked at them again, I would decide not to leave anymore.

Looking for my seat was difficult. It was my first time on an airplane by myself and I had no idea which way was which.

"Do you need help, miss?" A flight attendant asked, probably noticing my obvious confusion.

"Yes please!" I said. "How do I get to seat number F24?" I asked, showing her my ticket.

She directed me to the back of the plane. When I finally found my seat, I tiptoed to put my carry-on bag in the ceiling compartment, before settling down. For economy class, my seat was quite comfortable. I was by the window and there was an empty seat to my left. I wondered who would be sitting next to me.