Chapter 8

*Updated 2024*

Hello lovelies! Are ye ready for a little spice!?

By the way, I created (using AI) what I envisioned Jubilee to look like! Ofcourse, if you prefer your own imagination - then ignore the picture above!

We are starting to turn the heat up in this chapter ladies and gents, just a warning. :,)

------------

The air hummed with anticipation, mingling with soft murmurs of conversation that filled the space. Tom, or rather Erik, guided me through the lavish foyer with a practiced ease that betrayed a familiarity with such environments... which made me question whether or not if this was truly his first time handling such a mission – or if he was really just that damn good.

I slowly blink, erasing the mere thought that this was a job.

In this moment – this was my life. I am Serena Matthews.

So, I follow his lead. My steps measured and poised, channeling my womanly charm as my hips elegantly swish side to side – capturing the attention of those we walk by.

However – my mind is too occupied to let the attention phase me. Not as we walked into a large room – rows of luxurious white chairs wrapping around a raised platform that looked like it was made of solid white marble, where the auctioneer would eventually take their place, I assume.

Through heavy lashes, that's when I allowed myself to scan the people around us.

"This . . ." I whispered under my breath, hushing my next words into my now husband's ear. "It seems as though I may have over-dressed."

His arm tightened around my waist – tugging me closer into his side as he dipped his chin down . His lips nearly grazing my ear, as I felt his warm breath fan across my cheek.

Jubilee squirmed underneath this mask.

"Not at all." A soft smile tugged at his lips, his blue eyes taking in our surroundings. "It seems as though some of the details were left out of our invitation."

"Certainly." I breathed evenly, my hand coming up to smooth out my dress. And just as I began to shift towards the table of cocktails – my shoulder bumps into someone else's.

My heart rockets for a split second, before I regain my composure.

"I am so sorry!" A female with a beautiful voice hushes, and words escape me as I take her in.

Take in her nearly nude body – that is.

The only thing that hung over her tall frame was a thin white cloth that hung loosely over her – long slits from her shoulders down revealed her curvy bare hips, as a thin black belt tied itself around her waist, accentuating her hourglass figure. With how thin the material was – I could see every line and crevice of her. Even how her breast peaked underneath the chill of the room... before I could balk – I gave her a small smile, my eyes finally resting on her hazel ones.

The female whispered again, edging closer. Her wavy blonde hair falling from her shoulder as she leaned towards me.

"I am sorry ... I am very new to this environment." She hushes, "Where are we even supposed to go?"

"Welcome, "I hushly replied, matching her level of discretion. "Well, I believe we are in the auction room now – the main event should take place on that platform over there," I gesture subtly toward the raised platform at the center of the room. "But before that, there's some time for mingling and enjoying the ... ambiance – if you will."