.:7:.

I put my clothes, socks, underwear, notebook, and record into my pillow case along with the small blanket I had.
I planned that right after dinner when everyone went to sleep I would face my fear and sneak out.
I was scared of a lot, in fact my biggest fear was probably living or becoming inhumane.
Fear ate me alive sometimes, but only because I let it consume me.
I wasn't going to back down today, there was no time for decision making.
Later that night we had dinner, and I got a stale cookie for my birthday. Better than nothing right?
I waited for everyone to fall asleep, then I climbed out of the basement window so no one would hear the slight creaks the window made.
The crisp air outside made me shiver a little. I pulled the beanie I had over my ears to keep cold air from coming in.
I zippered my jacket and i was off.
I felt stupid for walking in the cold, but how in the world would I hitch a ride or find some bike laying around in the middle of the night.
I walked for a good 45 minuets and waited till the sun showed itself.
I was laying outside directly where the light hit at sunrise, being warmed by the Rays and waiting for A reasonable time to knock on someone's door.
Once people started leaving their houses for work or whatever they were doing throughout the day, I built up the courage to ring the doorbell.
"Why hello" an older woman said.
"Hi um I'm Tyler and I uh am looking for um I'm looking for Brendon. Does he live here?" I choked out and waited for a reply.
"Yes, Brendon lives here, but he went to the gym. Would you like to come inside?" She said confused.
"Oh um sure if I'm not bothering you" I said.
"No of course not" she opened the door wider letting me in.
She gestured to the couch, which I shakingly sat down on.
"So are you a friend of Brendon's, or did he do something wrong and now I have to pay the consequences?" She chuckled and then had on a serious face.
"No, I'm an old friend, I came by to say hello" I sad quickly.
"Well he should be home in about 10 minuets, he needs his workouts or he gets cranky" she chuckled again.
"Now let me get you some lemonade" she left the room and I looked around. This is what a nice house looks. A nice family. It's all nice. Way too nice for someone like me to have.
"Here we go" she set down a cup and a plate of cookies.
"Um thank you" I let out.
"Oh that's no problem dear" she say across from me on a floral chair covered in fancy throw pillows.
We sat in silence for what seemed like forever until she spoke up.
"So do you live around here?" She looked dead at me.
"Not anymore I uh used to live um next door, but then I got put into a foster home and then the current place, I lived in" I couldn't look her in the eye.
"Lived?" She curiously said.
"Oh I just turned 18 yesterday so I left" it sounded less weird in my head.
"You just left?" She was so focused on the words that left my mouth.
"Yeah my "parents" don't mind" I put an emphasis on parents, but I don't think she noticed.
"I hope everything is ok" she was then interrupted by a sweaty Brendon entering the front door.
"Hi mom" he kissed her cheek.
"Tyler?" His eyes poked out of his head.
"H-H-Hi Brendon" I didn't know what his expression meant, but I played along.
"Long time no see man, where have you been?" He asked sitting down, and wiping his face with the shirt he had in his hand.
I looked away from his bare chest and said.
"It's a long story"