Sunday Mornings

Tyler woke to the sound of little feet running away from him. He sat up and rubbed his eyes, he was still on the couch. He heard Charlie talking in his bedroom.

He sighed and stood, raised his arms above his head and then behind him. He shuffled into his room to see Charlie laying next to Jenna talking quietly, Jenna was still asleep.

"Charlie." He whispered, "give your momma some rest." She stood on the bed and said "Catch me daddy!" Then ran towards him and leaped off the edge.

He grabbed her out of the air and carried her to the kitchen.

"What do you want for breakfast, my little bug?"

"Crapes!" She yelled. She ran around the kitchen chanting; "Crapes! Crapes! Crapes!"

"Charlie! You need to be quite your mother and siblings are sleeping!"

She looked down abashed "sorry daddy." She said in a small voice.

Just then Juliet walked into the kitchen yawning. "Did I hear someone was making crapes?" She asked.

"Yes." Tyler smiled "will you please get me the flour and milk? And when it's time you can flip some of them."

She walked over to the fridge humming some happy tune.
Probably Relient K. Tyler thought.

Tyler and Jules mixed up all the food stuffs in the blender and then started putting it into the pan. Jules spread it out.

"You keep cooking, okay Jules? I'm going to walk up your mother and JJ."

He walked into JJ's room and looked in his bed for him. Then tripped over the sleeping boy laying in a heap of blankets on the floor.
JJ moaned and rolled over.

"Why are you sleeping on the floor JJ?" His father asked "You have a perfectly fine bed!"

JJ rolled over to face Tyler "The floor is more comfy."
Tyler sighed. "Get up breakfast will be ready soon."

He left his sons room and went into his room and looked at Jenna, his beautiful wife.

He kneeled down on the floor near her head. "Jenna, baby, wake up Jules is making breakfast. Crapes."

Just then her heard Jules yelling at one of her siblings. "Don't touch that! It's not yours!" "Well it isn't yours either!" He retorted.

Jenna opened her eyes. "Can you please go deal with them?" He smiled and nodded.

When he walked back into the kitchen he saw JJ playing with one of the awards Twenty One Pilots got they kept on the table behind the couch.

"JJ." JJ turned around dropped the trophy and practically flue onto one of the breakfast bar stools. "I saw you JJ." Tyler said sternly. "Don't pretend you were not touching it."

JJ looked up at him. "I'm sorry daddy, will you forgive me."

"Yes I forgive you, but you know the rules. Don't touch things you are not allowed to." Tyler looked at Jules, who was smiling smugly. "I'm going to have a talk with you too, young lady!"