18. The date.

Will and I arrived at Roima at half past 7. It was a bit of a drive, but worth it according to Will.

The car ride was amiable, but rather quiet. It almost felt like we didn't have anything to talk about. Apart from the few words exchanged about the music and the weather, nothing was spoken.

(Yup. We talked about the weather.)

As Will told me, Roima was a family owned diner upon which he had stumbled upon one evening while doing some work for his mother.

Ever since he kept coming back.

"Will! How long has it been?" An older gentleman, in his late forties, greeted Will with a hug and a big smile on his face.

"Peter! Long enough I say. How are you?" Will responded with an equally large grin.

"I am great as always. And who is this lovely lady joining you tonight?"

"This here is Violet. Violet meet Peter. Him and his wife own the place."

"Hello. Nice to meet you," I said shaking Peter's hand.

"Nice to meet you too. Just like Will to bring his date to such a mediocre place."

"You keep saying that, but you and I both know the food here is amazing Peter," Will stated with a grin.

(He wasn't lying when he said he came here often.)

Peter laughed and returned with, "Ah that is true. My wife is a mean cook. But enough of our chit chat. Let's not keep your date waiting. Come on."

Peter lead us to a seat in the corner by the window. The window opened up to a beautiful garden adorned by rows of flowers and herbs. It was a breathtaking view.

Saying a thank you to Peter, Will and I took our seat while Peter went to get us the menus.

"The best seat in the house," Will said with a smile.

(He sure was smiling a lot.)

"Yeah you weren't kidding when you said you come here alot," I replied, voicing my earlier thought.

"Nope. I don't joke about food," Will said as Peter handed us the menus.

"Good. Me neither."

While Will ordered a steak with mashed potato, I went with a red sauce pasta, which according to Will was the next best thing after the steak.

"So," Will said, stirring the coke we had ordered.

"So," I repeated. "You bring all your dates here?" I asked with a teasing glint.

"Would I look bad if I said yes?"

Laughing I replied, "No. Everyone has a go to date place. Mine is the movies. Even if the date goes bad atleast I got to see a kickass movie."

"What if the movie is also bad?"

"Then that guy is definately not getting a second date!" I remarked. Will laughed at that, but after that it all fell silent.

In this silence, I realised Will and I never had had a proper conversation which had lasted more than 10 minutes. Even in Chemistry it wasn't more than a few sentences here and there.

"How is the quiz thing?" I asked, pushing the realisation aside.

"It's going good. Few more days and I will be free and back to Chemistry."

"That is good news. Mrs Yumi is boring."

"That she is. How is your Physics tutoring going? I didn't know you even needed one."

"Its going good too. I am understanding some of the concepts, thanks to Lucas. But most of it still goes up and above my head. And you should see me in class. I look more lost than those guys did on Lost."

Will laughed and replied, "I wouldn't know. I never watched it."

"Tell you a secret, I didn't either. But that seemed like a good joke," I laughed as well.

The food came and the conversation got limited to how good the food was.

True to his words though, the food was amazing. The steak was like I never had before and the pasta was so good, I got an orgasm.

"You didn't lie," I said as I finished with my pasta.

"Nope. I don't drive for half and hour for no reason."

Dessert was something neither of us had any appetite for. But Mona (Peter's wife and the amazing cook) couldn't let that happen.

(Her words.)

"What do you mean no dessert!" she exclaimed, coming out and standing above us, with Peter laughing behind her looking like a proud little kid who got his elder sibling caught.

"We are filled Mona. The food was delicious."

"Nuh uh. Not happening. I made chocolate cake. Atleast have a piece."

At the mention of chocolate my ears perked up. This wasn't missed by either Will or Mona.

"I will bring out a piece," Mona said satisfied with the outcome, as Will only nodded his head, laughing.

"Ofcourse, how could we say no to chocolate," Will said to me as Mona and Peter left.

"Ofcourse."

By 10 we were out of there with Mona and Peter telling us to come back again. Even as I had every plan to go back, I didn't think it would have been with Will.

The car ride again was silent, but this time uncomfortable. We both knew this didn't go as planned.

Parking the car at the sidewalk, Will looked at me and said with a small smile, "I should have taken you to the movies."

"You should have taken me to the movies," I returned with a small smile as well.

"I'll see you in Chemistry Vi," Will said with a bigger smile this time.

Chuckling a little I replied with a see you as well, getting out the car.

Waving him off I made my towards home.

Well that didn't turn out quiet like I thought.

________________________________________

Fun fact: I constantly talk about the weather with everyone I know. Everyone.

And I had tried watching Lost and I truly was so lost.