Awaiting The News

I am absolutely terrified to do a pregnancy test. My mom had brought me one the day after I explained to her. It's been a week since then. The investigation into the case is still on going and I am yet to go to the trial. Kylie and Sarah are being so supportive and are starting to persuade me to come to school. I can't. People will laugh, especially if they find out I am pregnant.

"Honey, please take the test." my mom says from outside my bedroom door.

"What if I am pregnant mom? Everyone is going to hate me! You and dad wouldn't want me as a teenage mom! I'm such a disgrace to the family!" I say.

"Ella Harris. You are not a disgrace to the family. You are an inspiration. So what if you are pregnant? There are options and I got pregnant at 15 so it's okay. It's okay to cry and feel scared. I was terrified, but when your brother was born, I thought to myself, I am so lucky and when you were born, I thought the exact same thing." my mom says.

"I don't want a baby mom. I don't want to walk around with a huge stomach and people giving me weird looks, but I don't want my child going off to some strangers!" I say.

"Well, then there is an abortion." My mom says with some shakiness in her voice.

"But you're against abortion, it would be wrong." I say.

"And you're my daughter. You and Terry come before what I believe in." She says.

"Okay." I say.

"So you'll do the test?" My mom says.

"Yeah. Bring it in." I say.

I sit up from my bed and my mom comes in. She hands me the box that says clear blue on it. I take out the contents and go into my en suite after reading how to use it. I stare at the white section of where the fate of my future will soon be lying. I really hope it's negative.

"Have you done it yet honey?" my mom shouts.

"Yeah." I say.

I flush the toilet and dry the stick with tissue. I wait three minutes as the instructions said and when I look at the results, my heart sinks. Positive.

"Mom." I say.

"Sweetheart." my mom says.

She comes into the bathroom and looks at the test. She hugs me and I cry heavily. My life is ruined. I have to get an abortion, but what if it doesn't work and the baby grows up and finds out and hates me.

"Baby, you need to calm down. Breathe. In and out." my mom says.

I stop hyperventilating and then run out the bathroom. I go downstairs and find my brother sitting on the couch with his girlfriend. I stand in the doorway, debating whether to speak up or go back upstairs. Speak up.

"Um, Terry, could you um, give me a um." I stutter.

"Ella, is everything okay?" Asks Terry as he turns his body to face me.

"Yeah. I was wondering if you could give me a lift to Mr Chimes' apartment, I have tuition." I lie.

"I thought tuition was tomorrow." says Terry.

"He had to change the date for a family emergency." I lie again.

"Okay. Let me get my shoes." says Terry.

I run upstairs and let my mom know where I'm going. I take my purse and put my phone inside. I throw the pregnancy test away, but then realize it could be used as evidence when I testify. I stare at it for a moment before taking it out and leaving it on the side with a note in case anyone comes in. I go downstairs and see an impatient Terry waiting.