Didn't See This Coming

I've been back to school for a week now. Shelly and the other slim fit beauties have stopped name calling me, but whenever they walk past me, they decide to push me a little. It's third period and I'm in history. After this, recess, then my speech. I have it all prepared, but I'm talking in front of over 1000 people. It's my birthday in 2 days, so thinking about that brightens mt mind up. In the past few days, mine and Mr Chimes' relationship has be growing and still is. We've known each other for 3 weeks now. We aren't in a love relationship yet, but I'm considering it.

"Ella. Can you answer the question?" Mr Chimes says.

I snap myself out of my trance and then look up. I blush a little, but not enough for anyone to notice.

"Sorry, um, what was the question?" I ask.

The class laughs and I want to bury my head in my arms.

"We have learn the American civil war, we are now on the British civil war. When did the British civil war start and when did it end?" Ask Mr Chimes.

"Oh um, 1642-1651?" I say.

"Correct." says Mr Chimes.

I zone out again and read over my speech. I'm going to have it with me, but I'm trying to learn most parts off by heart. I hear the bell ring and once it silences, the ringing continues in my ears. I sit with my head on the table and everyone leaves. Mr Chimes walks up to me and I look at him.

"Why are you crying?" he asks.

"I'm scared." I say.

"About what?" he asks.

"I'm about to do a speech explaining my story with rape. It's in front of over 1000 people and and i am scared i am going to freeze, or I pause, or I throw up." I say.

"You won't. Your mom, your dad and your brother will be there to support you. I will be there. Sarah and Kylie will be there too." says Mr Chimes.

"What do I do if I start crying?" I ask.

"Look at me. I will smile. You will smile. You will carry on." Says Mr Chimes.

I pack my stuff away and then stand up.

"Now go and get some food. Kylie is waiting outside." says Mr Chimes.

I smile and hug him. He is one of the most supportive men I know. He's kind. He doesn't judge that I am pregnant and about to turn 17. He loves me for me and I think I love him. I can't do that yet. I have to do some bigger things first.

"You okay?" Kylie asks.

"Yeah. I'm really nervous." I say.

"Just breathe. You'll do great." says Kylie.

We go and eat in the cafeteria. Once I finish my food, I slowly drink my water. I then fell the urge to throw up again, but I force myself to drink more water, which then makes it go away. 20 minutes later, the bell rings and the whole school heads to the auditorium. I go backstage where Mr Sioux and Mrs Shepard are waiting. Other people who are doing other things are also waiting and a few stare at me.

"Are you okay?" Mrs Shepard asks.

"Yeah, just a little nervous." I say.

"Just breathe." says Mr Shepard.

"Okay. I'm going on now." Says Mr Sioux.

I watch Mr Sioux walk away from the wings and out onto the stage. He silences everyone and just stand watching.

"Welcome to the anti-bullying presentation. We have a number of things today, one of which is a speech, by Ella Harris, who has recently been involved in what we would call a worst nightmare. Anyway, after me, Mrs Shepard, who organized all of this, will give her talk, and then further things will be shown. I should remind you that respect is to be shown throughout and any members of staff who think students are misbehaving or are being disrespectful, they will be severely punished. I should also remind you that bullying is not tolerated and and further cases that are reported, the perpetrators will be expelled." Says Mr Sioux.