~1~ "What could go wrong?"

Slowly, I made my way backwards towards one of the corners of my old but homely room.

"Come on now princess... Daddy won't hurt you, will he?"

I whimpered in fear, afraid of what my life will lead to in just a few seconds. "stop daddy... You're scaring me... I want mummy" I whispered, squeaking at the end, tears attempting to spill out.

"Does my princess want mummy? Well... how can I break it to you? Your mother doesn't wanna see your disgusting little face now!"

I gasped at how he was speaking to me like that. I didn't listen to what he said "Doesn't mummy love me anymore? No! Mummy always loves me. I want to go see her!!!"

I attempted to stand up and run out of the door to go into mummy's bedroom but I was blocked. Trying to get out of my so called father's tight grasp on my wrists, I bit into his grim and dirty looking hands.

"AAARRRGHHHH!! YOU LITTLE B*TCH!!!! COME 'ERE!!!!" I ran with all the energy my tiny legs to run back to my mummy. "Mummy? Where are you mummy? Help me mummy! Daddy's trying to hurt me mummy! Help! HELP! HEELLPPP!!!"

"What can I do my princess? I told you mummy didn't love you anymore!" He sneered in disgust. He bent closer, and I could smell the alcohol that was intoxicating him. In the corner of my eye, I saw a glint of a sharp kitchen knife which was grasped in this drunk man's right hand.

"I always hated you. You had to come into my life and ruin the things I had prepared to with your mother. I loved her dearly... BUT NOW!! SHE'S DEAD!AND IT'S ALL BECAUSE OF YOU!!! NOW... IT'S YOUR TURN TO DIE."

I was stunned at his little speech. Mother was dead? How? She couldn't be? I squeezed my eyes tightly, ready for the pain but I didn't feel it. Instead, I found a little boy in front of me and the murder passed out onto the carpet.

"Who are you?" I whispered, quivering in fear

"You should run away. Away from this monster right now. Run! Go! We might meet again... Remember! I saved you!" The boy replied, with a glint of amusement in his eyes, and running away.

So I ran. I did what the boy said. I ran...

*************************************************************************************

"BEEEEEEPPPP!!! BEEEPPPP!!! BEEEEEEPPPP!!! BEEEPPPP!!!"

Urgghhhhh!!! What was the time? What day was it? This was when realisation hit me... It was the first day back to school from summer break. Already? Really life? What have I ever done to you? I got up moaning about how life wasn't fair these days.

"I haven't had that dream for ages now. Why did I dream about that?"

Ignoring the nightmare I had a few minutes ago, I got dressed. (Outfit pictured at the start) I wasn't bothered about how I was dressed to school. Casual was the go to outfit for me. Rushing downstairs to grab a cereal bar for breakfast, a loud horn was heard from outside. Grinning, I slammed the door shut and got into my best friend's snow white Lamborghini. As you can guess, she was brought up from a rich family.

"Hey Carmel! How was your summer?" I shouted to her?

"It was good! I got a great tan and I kept my figure whilst eating sooooo much at Hawaii. How was yours?" Suddenly turning to me. Her eyes raked my outfit and she frowned. " What did I tell you last time Luna?!? You have the right curves all the girls wish for but you don't wear the right clothes for it!" groaning, flicking her luscious natural beach waved blonde hair. I noticed that she always did it when she was stressed out.

"Ok, Carmel! I'll give you a chance. We can go shopping together after school and have a girl's sleepover so we can gossip about what happened in school today." I muttered, scared of what will happen later.

A loud piercing scream escaped out of Carmel's lips, frightening the daylights out of me. " Keep it down will you!" I screamed, closing her mouth just in case. She gave me a sheepish look and she nodded her head vigorously. I giggled and ushered her to hurry before we were late to class on the first day back.

What could go wrong? Right?

Hi, the first people to read the first chapter of the first book I've ever written. Please give me some tips on how to improve how I right or messages of encouragement? Thank you for reading this chapter! Please comment! Love you guys! xxx