Chapter 14

The room felt like it was caving in on me, trying to squeeze me until I finally popped. I had been sat beside Grace for hours now, the police occasionally entering to ask me questions of the event - and though I had explained more than once they still didn't seem to understand me. Or maybe they didn't believe me.

"I told you already, she attacked grace. She attacked me. I used self defence, and she ended up shooting herself. We have had a restraining order against her for years now, sir." I bowed my head. "Has anyone contacted our parents?"

"Yes, Jacob." My mum came into my line of sight. "I'm here. Your father couldn't make it, and Grace's parents wished they could in such a time of need - and they have full regret for not being able to look after their baby girl - but Grace's mother is in hospital too."

"Mum," I cried. I stood from my chair and ran towards her, my arms embracing her until she was off the floor. "It's nice to hear someones voice. The police have been interrogating me on and off all night." I placed her down and she gave me a small smile. "How did you get here?"

"Your father put me on the first plane over here." She looked around nervously and grasped onto my hand. "We need to talk, Jacob. It's very important that I explain something to you."

I nodded, confused. She practically dragged me down the hallway and into the parking lot. "Now this may sound strange, but I have felt what you felt tonight."

"What are you on about?"

She took a deep breathe. "That paralysed feeling. That fear of knowing you can't control yourself - that you can't stop things from happening." She gestured towards the hospital. "That power, and anger, it's overwhelming at first. You are against everything it's doing but you can't stop."

"Mum," I shook my head.

"No, listen to me." She paused. "You are more than just a boy, Jacob. You have a bloodline much greater, and I should of seen it coming. You're old enough to feel that power now. I feel it too, but I can control it - she respects me."

"Who?"

"Angel Costila." She squeezed her eyes shut. "She's not as bad as you'd think, but her descendants do not act the same way as her. They betray her every chance they get, and tonight they have stepped too far out of line." 

"Mum I don't understand, are you telling me I have something controlling me due to bloodline?"

"Costila is not a demon. She is an angel that belongs in a body, and that body just so happens to be my own. Unfortunately, that means my children are her children." She stepped closer. "You're not going to like what will happen next - but I promise it will all be okay soon."

Her body crumpled to the floor, her hands shaking uncontrollably as she rolled side to side. Her once closed eyes were now open wide, the colour of purple shining vividly. Her body slowed before a black mist exited her mouth. 

"Child." The figure before me spoke. "I am Costila; your other mother, should I say?" She seemed to laugh almost unintentionally - her hand covering her mouth to calm herself. 

"Hello..." I stared.

"Now I'm afraid you'll have to do that too," she winced. My body fell to the floor like my mothers, a black mist exiting my mouth. After a few seconds I stood to my feet, helping my mother up in the process. 

"Mother." The male figure snarled. "Do you not know how busy I am?" 

"I do not," Costila waved her hand. "You are never busy, and the only time you have ever been is quite recently. You're in trouble, child."

"Stop with the childish remarks. I am an adult, mother. Call me Astra or do not speak to me at all."

"What is going on here?!" I yelled. 

"Ah, so you are the boy I have been controlling." Astra floated forward. "Puny..." 

"Astra!" Costila growled. "On behalf of the council and myself included, I'm afraid we will have to banish you from living in this boys body any longer. If he manages to live his life after tonight it will be a miracle. If you manage to live yours too I'd be quite surprised."

"But I'm your child!"

"My children do not hurt their human figures, or the people around them in the process. You may have stopped that woman from killing your love, but he could have done so too!"

"My love," he huffed. "She is human. I had no feelings for that being." 

"I thought so too, long ago. And then I met Sam, and my heart connected with Isabel's. Love is indefinite and definitely inevitable." She moved closer to him, her hand grazing his arm. He seemed to flinch at first, but then relaxed as she rested it. "I'm sorry, child. Goodbye."

The darkened figure smiled sadly up at her before his body evaporated into thin air. 

"Goodbye," she waved. The black mist flew back towards Isabel's body; Jacob held her up as entered through her mouth. 

                                                       ----------------------------------

I sat silently for a moment. I couldn't put my head around it, I couldn't understand or yet believe what had happened in front of my very eyes. 

It made sense, of course it did, because I would never have done those things to somebody. Maybe to stop them at first but never to beat them to the edge.

I held Grace's hand tightly, the sudden realisation hitting me. She was badly injured, I could be in serious trouble if the cops decided I pushed Veronica to the edge, and my mother was something far beyond human. I rested my head against Grace's shoulder, the room starting to lose light as my eyelids failed to stay open, and before I could fall asleep after so many restless hours, I felt a small, soft hand glide through my hair. 

A/N: 

People seemed to dislike the idea of having the demon in the story, so I have written him out of it instead of re-writing my other chapter. Thank you for your opinions, it's better to know what you like than me writing what you hate.