Chapter 5

He flopped onto his back. He sighed then swung his feet of the bed, sitting up in the process. He stands up and pulls up his pant, buckling his belt. He tosses his shirt onto his shoulders but doesn't bother to button it. I close my eyes and pay attention to my breathing. I hear him putting his shoes on.

"Aquila..." He exclaims.

I look up to meet his eyes.

"Enjoy the party." He smirks and leaves the room.

I guess that's one way to be completely different than I was before. I slowly get up, and walk over to where he'd thrown my dress. I pull it slowly over my shoulders, then walk to his mirror. My lips look redder than normal, but I don't think it's from lipstick...

I grab my bag from the end of the bed and walk back to the mirror. I re-apply my lipstick, and run one of his combs through my hair lightly, putting it back in place.

Lastly before I leave the room I slip my heels on. It's a little hard to walk, but I manage. I pull out my phone and look at the time

10:34 pm

I've still got almost an hour and a half. I head for the kitchen.

As soon as I reach it, I head straight to the cooler. Beer. That'll make me bubbly. I'll be the life of this whole damn party. I've never been a drinker, but what could be the harm...
_________________________________________

Anna walks up to me, hands in the air jumping in the front yard.

"What are you doing?"
I giggle.

"Trying to touch the stars."

"Well my little constellation, I'm afraid they're a little too far away, and we have to go home."

I turn to her and pout.

"Come on." She says, again telling me we have to go.

I smile and spread my arms. I flap them and run in a circle around her.

"I'm an eagle! An eagle made of stars!!"
She laughs behind me. She then grabs my hand.
"Yes, yes you are...but even constellations need their sleep."

Right on que, I yawn. And then I let her guide me to the car. She beguins to stagger.

"I can't drive..." She mutters to herself. "Sit." and I listen, plopping down on the grass, looking up at her.

She pulls out her phone and presses a few buttons and puts it up to her ears. I set my hands on the ground. Oh my gosh, the grass is really soft. I let it flow through my fingers as I listen to the conversation happening above me.

"-do you think you could take a cab here and drive Aqua home? I'll take care of the fare, and I'll come pick it up tomorrow."

I wonder who she's talking to. What if it's the cops!

"Anna are you calling the cops on me!?"

She looks down at me with wide eyes.

"How many did you drink? Damn! No I'm calling Izaac to come get you."

"Oh, ok, I like Izaac."
She nods at me.

"You hear that Izaac? It's bad."
....
"Alright, thank you, see you in a few."

She presses power on her phone and joins me on the ground. She sighs and sets her head on my shoulder. I pat her head.
"You're too good to me. I'm a mess. I'm sorry." I whisper.

"It's alright lovely, you're worth it."