That's the way the Cookie Crumbles

Alexa and her friends were chatting before the bell rang for last period. The chorus of voices was silenced as the teacher entered the room. She cleared her throat, standing stiffly behind the desk.

"Attention ladies and gentlemen!" The teacher called. "As you know, we are starting our new global issues topic of the recent issue over the supposed, 'magic leaking into our world', as many have put it. Now to start off this unit, we will be going on a field trip to a bakery to see firsthand one side of the debate; the argument made by the work force. I expect all of you to go home tonight and do research on both the topic and both sides of the argument. Good day." She sniffed and clapped her hands.

The class began talking, discussing the project and the possibilities. A few moments later, the bell rang and class was dismissed.

Alexa walked down the hallway with her two friends Jay and Nina.

"So what do you think of the project?" Nina asked casually, studying her perfectly manicured nails.
"It should be easy!" Jay grinned, pushing his glasses up his nose. "I know all about this topic. My Family takes a big part in defending the working Americans and their rights. The field trip tomorrow is sure to be very educational!"
Nina scoffed. "Only you would go on a field trip for education. I, on the other hand, am excited for a whole day with no class!" She cheered and Alexa snickered.
"Stop bickering, you guys. I'll see you tomorrow, okay?"

The friends nodded and waved as they parted their ways, unsure of what the next day would bring.