Feeling Crumby

Alexa and her class entered the small bakery, crowding into the small space.
The teacher cleared her throat once again and the class quieted.

"To start off our trip we will head into the back to see how the cookies are made. Then we will have the privilege to see live ones. And finally, you will each be able to pick out one to take home for further assignments!"

Then the baker entered the room. "Hello students!" She beamed. "I am Sarah Douglas, but you can just call me miss Sarah!" She giggled. "Now follow me, I'll show you where the magic happens!" She motioned for them to follow and headed into the back.

Alexa glanced around in wonder at the many rows of ovens and stainless steel countertops covered in dough and flour.

"We bake them on specialized baking sheets, like these." She held up a baking sheet with little metal rings all up and down it. "So they can't run off." She explained and moved on to a clear plastic container with a few cookies clustered together.

Alexa peered down curiously at the tiny creatures. They huddled together, some holding hands or hugging each other. She had never seen them up close before, only on tv or in magazines.

"Now go ahead, each person can pick out one!" Miss Sarah gushed cheerfully.

Each student pointed out one they wanted, and one by one each student went until it was Alexa's turn.

She studied them, deciding on a female one with green eyes tightly hugging a male with blue eyes.
"That one." She pointed to it, the action causing the male to leap forward and clench his fists, shouting something that was muffled by the plastic box.
Miss Sarah paid no attention and grabbed the terrified girl she pointed to, stiffed her in a bag, and handed the bag to her.
"Thank you for coming everyone!" Miss Sarah waved cheerfully as the class filed out of the bakery while the teacher shouted homework assignments and further instructions.
"BRING YOUR COOKIE TO SCHOOL TOMORROW! FEEL FREE TO EAT PART OF THEM TO TEST THEM OUT BUT DONT COMPLETELY DEVOUR THEM! YOUR HOMEWORK IS TO WRITE A REPORT ON THEM FOR HOMEWORK!"