18th Birthday surprise

The familiar darkness welcomed me from my sleep. I sat up and leaned over to where my bed side table was and waved my arm around in search for my alarm clock that was going off. Once I found the darned device I found the switch and turned off the alarm.

Sitting up more I put my arm out feeling for the wall above my bed and began pounding on it.

For many if they saw me doing this they would think it was the strangest thing in the world but for me and my best friend it was our normal routine. Soon the sound of feet was audible in the hallway. My door opened and I could tell that Alex was less than half awake.

"Gosh darn it, why do you have to wake up so early." Alex croaked out.

I giggled, "Sorry,"I pushed myself all the way up, now sitting up on the bed. "So whats on the agenda for today?"

"I have a surprise for you, so i'm going to layout the outfit, just call for me once your finished." I could tell Alex was rummaging around my closet trying to find a specific outfit, I didn't understand why but none the less I was excited for whatever the day held. Moments later Alex had stopped rummaging around and put the outfit in my arms. Quickly I put the outfit on to the best of my ability and Alex helped me fix what I had put on wrong.

"Ugh this outfit is so tight, I swear to god Alex if you put me in bright colors I'm going to kill you." I said pulling on the tight shirt and yoga pants.

"So what if you're tight and bright, I promise it's nothing bad!" She said swatting my hands away from the outfit and leading me off the bed. She walked me to my vanity and started rustling around I could hear that she was plugging in probably my hair straightener and I could hear the zipper on my makeup pouch opening. Soon Alex was working on my hair and my makeup. I honestly found it so weird getting my makeup done because I don't know what I look like with it on, and I hardly wore any makeup as a kid, I asked my mom for a little kiddie kit once, but I almost never used it.

I had no idea what I looked like, its been over 12 years since I last saw what I looked like, but apparently guys think I'm hot, I mean, at least that's what I hear. I mean don't most guys at the teenage age hit on anything with a thin frame and legs. Who knows anyway?

Anyway soon I was ready and so was Alex. She lead me to her car and we began driving. Of course we blasted 5SOS as we drove, it wouldn't be a car ride without it! I didn't know where we were going, what we were doing, or how long it would take to get there. My sense of time had alway pretty bad though.

Soon the car was put in park and all I could hear was gravel and muffled conversations of what sounded to be teenage girls.
I was still confused on where we were. I felt around until Alex grabbed my arm, she began leading me through what felt like a maze. Soon we stopped and Alex told me that we would be standing around for a bit.

All I could hear around me was girls, some talking and then one shrill voice came above everyone else ,"OMG ITS CALUM HOOD!"

Then the only sound being able to be heard was that of pounding feet and screaming girls.

"No way, you did not buy 5SOS tickets for us! It must have costed you a fortune!" I said grabbing onto Alex.

"Oh if only you knew what our seats were, and that its not just tickets for the show.... they might also include soundcheck and meet&greet passes." Alex said giving me a hug.

I cant believe you did all of this for me! I mean I cant even see them but you know that its their music and their personality that I love, I couldn't base it off of their looks even if I wanted to . I went in for another hug and accidentally dropped my cane. There was a loud crack when it hit the cement and everything went quiet, I was expecting the worst.

"Hey Alex, could you grab that for me?" I asked in the direction that I hoped she was in.

"Yeah." she said bending down to grab the cane.

"Why is it so quiet all of the sudden?" I asked as Alex put the cane back in my hand.

"Everything just kind of stopped when you dropped you cane, I guess it just surprised everyone."

"Great... you know I just love drawing attention to myself."

"Hunter it's fine, everyones turned back around anyway, all trying to get a quick moment with Calum. Besides over half of the line we were in is now gone so lets hurry up to the new end of the line before more people start coming back into line." Alex said leading me forward.

"OMG ITS LUKE!!!!!!!!!!" Another scream was heard and I could hear so many feet pounding on the cement, it was pretty overwhelming.

"Oh gosh there are too many people here." I honestly felt horrible for Alex sometimes. I was so dependent on her, and a blind person having a panic attack is not the best thing for anyone that they are with. Its not like I can look around for the nearest open bench to sit at waiting for the anxiety to pass, so I either have to have Alex find me a spot or I just drop to the ground. I don't understand how she puts up with me sometimes.

Alex, I knew, could tell that I was getting anxious and was about to have an attack she guided me through the area and told me that everyone had rushed to meet Luke and Calum and so there was virtually no one in the line anymore. Once we got to the line she told me that there was still another 30 minutes till check in started, and that I could sit down.

AN// Hey everyone who might read this. SO this book idea was just something that came to me a few nights ago, so Chapter one is kinda a tester, if you all like this first chapter could you Vote or comment on it letting me know what you thought about the first chapter. If there seems to be a big amount of positive feedback then I'll post chapter 2! Anyway if you don't like it then i'll prob just either stop writing this or delete the story all together. But I think thats all I need to say for now. So see you at the next update guys.... maybe.