Chapter 2: My not so secret...

My panic attack left as quickly as it had come on. Soon I was feeling much better and Alex began explaining what was going on.

"Oh shit." She mumbled.

"What? What's going on?" I asked listening for any indication from the other people around me that something big was going on.

"It's Calum... he's looking over here." Alex said sitting down next to me.

" What time is he looking from at?" I said.

"Umm he's at about 2 o'clock" Alex said moving my head in his direction.

"What is he doing?" I asked

"He's smiling, he just waved." Alex said and I smiled hoping that I was still facing his direction, I also gave him a short wave that hopefully was directed in his direction.

"What's he doing now?" I asked because I heard Alex give a short intake of breath.

"He's just getting up... oh shit... oh shit... oh shit, he's coming over here. Wait no he isn't he's going in a different direction. Wait, oh shit he's coming back over here with shirts and other merch."

"WHAT! No, no, no this isn't happening! Do I look okay? You know I love Calum!" I was sure that I was squeezing Alex half to death with all my excitement.

"Hunter, chill, you look amazing per usual!" Alex said wiping my hands off of herself.

"Yeah, well that would be a lot easier if you know, I actually knew what I looked like." I wined

"Nice outfit." A new voice that was all too familiar to me said.

"Alex a little help please" I said, she knew that what I meant by that was to turn me to face the person who spoke to me.

Alex did so and now I was facing the one and only Calum Hood. "Thanks I guess... I don't really know what it is that I'm wearing but I keep getting compliments so I guess that's a good thing." I was pretty sure I was blushing, I could feel my face getting warmer.

"Trust me, you look beautiful, plus you happen to be wearing pretty much what I wore in the Don't Stop music video." Calum said adjusting the goggles that I had put on earlier this morning.

"Well, that's good to know. I'm sorry that I don't really know what that was. Im guessing you probably looked really good in the video though." I said trying to adjust my shirt, not like I needed to though. It was just a nervous habit I had.

"Wait! You mean to tell me that you haven't seen the don't stop music video, and yet you're dressed like how Calum was in it? Wow your such a fake fan!" A shrill voice came from somewhere in the crowd.

"Wow I can't believe Calum would want to talk with someone as fake as you!" Another voice called out.

I wanted to cry, I wish that for once people just wouldn't assume things, of course I have listened to the Don't Stop music video, I just you know haven't been able to see it. And how dare they say that I was a fake fan! I've been one of the lucky few that were there since the beginning. I happened to be in Australia when they were starting out as a band, I happened to be at some of the original Hyde Park performances. Of course even then I was still blind, I have always felt like I would never be able to fully experience life, and I hated to use my blindness as a reason to feel pitied, or needed some sort of perks.

"Wanna know what! Whoever just said those things, you don't know me! Of course I have listened to the Don't Stop music video, but guess what! I'M FUCKING BLIND! I haven't been able to see anything for over 10 years! Okay! Leave me ALONE!" I was more frustrated that I felt the need to scream out all my problems to the world, than I was with myself for not just ignoring the comments.