A Town Called Gravity Falls

The small town of Gravity Falls was what one would expect a rural town to be like, mediocre and not all that much to look at. But under that innocently boring facade the town was harbouring dangerous amounts of weird. Twelve year old girl Mabel Pines, a pretty youngster with long brown hair and perhaps an unhealthy attraction to throwing knives, was the first to step out of the sleek black limo. She wrinkled her nose at the state of the building before her. "Mystery Hack? What a snooze fest." She sighed with her hands on her hips.

"I believe it's suppose to be Shack, dear sister." Came the monotonous reply of her twin brother, Mason 'Dipper' Pines, a young man who was rarely seen without some sort of reading material. His brown hair cut short and styled in a way that only partially covered his birthmark, from which the nickname Dipper was derived. He had his nose in a book as usual, and she wondered when he'd taken the time to look up and analyse the sign enough to know there used to be an 'S' on it.

"Shack, Hack, it makes no difference, it's still a junk yard, bookworm." She snorted hitting the books cover in a way that made the book swing up and hit Dipper in the face. She sneered and turned to assess how she'd survive in such a rundown heap while they worked, only to have Dipper flip her hair over her face in retaliation. They'd both agreed that in order not to draw too much attention to themselves they'd spend the summer with a relative of theirs, a great uncle of whom they'd never heard of and had no idea what side of the family he was from, under the guise of a summer vacation. "There's a goat on the roof." She sighed.

"Isn't that something." Dipper mumbled slipping the bookmark in place as the agent stepped out of the Limo as well. It didn't need to be said, they knew the rules, but he said it any way. Their affiliation with the FBI were to be kept a secret as possible as to create a little work as they could for the clean up crews. And perhaps most important, there was to be as little deaths as possible, again so the clean up crew weren't as overworked but also because the FBI didn't approve of needlessly killing the magical and mythical creatures of the world, the Weird Force were as much a protection force as they were a control force.

"Thanks for the broken record speech Davis, we got it from here." Mabel grinned cheekily at the man more than twice her age. He scowled and returned to the car, after their luggage was removed he drove away. "Awe, no goodbye hug?"

"You rile him up too much, it's a swift way of making enemies." Dipper reprimanded her as he walked towards the shack, his nose once again buried in the book. Mabel replied with a stab at his indifference to almost everything but he simply shrugged it off as he did most of the time. Their Great Uncle Stan met them outside the shack, Dipper had to step on Mabel's foot to stop her from mentioning out loud that the man was as scruffy and rundown as the place he lived in. He usually wasn't bothered by her habit of 'free speech' but when it impacted on whether they had a roof to sleep under he intervened. He happened to like sleeping on an actual bed. The action indeed had deterred her from the comment but he'd gotten the book flipped back into his face. He didn't like it when she did that, he lost his place and had to start the page over.

"I'm so glad you kids decided to come and stay, I'm sure there's lots of fun things we can do while you're here. Like.. Ooh you can help me paint some historical figures. Benjamin Franklin and that other guy from the one dollar bill..." Stan mumbled.

"George Washington." Dipper muttered not looking away from his book.

"Are you saying you want us to forge counterfeit bills?" Mabel folded her arms and raised an eyebrow as Stan grinned sheepishly. She knew exactly what kind of man Stan was, a con man, but she knew if she said it out loud Dipper would stand on her foot again and as much as she liked telling it like it was she liked her shoes more, they were exactly the right shade of blue for the dress she currently wore.