Chapter 1: A Dragon's Secret

[Alexander's POV]

I sat in my one man dorm relaxing. My tail out, my wings stretched out, my horns finally out of the beanie I always wear, and my claws out of the white gloves I wear. If you haven't figured it out, I'm a dragon faunas, we are pretty rare which is why you don't see any. The main reason being we were hunted down, killed, or worse. The only ones who know about my secret are Ozpin and a few teachers.

Me: "It sucks I can't relax anywhere other then my dorm."

I said aloud leaning back in my chair. I grabbed my cup of coffee and took a sip.

Me: "Eck, cold coffee."

I breathed a dim flame and heated the coffee cup then took a sip.

Me: "Much better."

I was so bored. Since I'm on a one man team I can't do much to entertain myself, no teammates and I keep to myself a lot. The only reason people know my name is because I'm the only one man team in Beacon. My stomach growled interrupting my thoughts. I sighed and got up. I grabbed my trench coat, folded in my wings, put it on then grabbed my white gloves, put them on, then tucked my forked tail into my pants, and grabbed my beanie and positioned it so it covered my horns. I grabbed my scroll and headed out the door and down to the cafeteria. Once I got down there and got my food I sat down at a vacant table and began eating. I took the burger off of its bun and began eating it. Oddly enough, my diet only consists of meat, every time I try to eat anything else I get sick. I always got weird looks, because I always pick through my meals and separate the meat from everything else. Once I finished I got up threw my trash away and put the tray back. As I walked I felt everyone's eyes on me. I've gotten used to this honestly. As I walked through the halls I heard something I wish I hadn't.

Cardin: "God you're such a freak I mean look at these things."

I recognized the voice. Cardin, the anti-faunas jerk everyone loved. I turned the corner to see him and his team cornering Velvet and pulling on her ears. I sighed, I absolutely hated those bastards. I always wondered why Velvet wouldn't stand up for herself. I walked over and tapped Cardin on the shoulder.

Cardin: "Hey, you're Alex right? You want in?"

He smiled while I just kept a straight face.

Me: "One, it's Alexander, not Alex. Two, No. In fact I want you to let go of the girl before I rip your arm off and beat the rest of your team with it."

Cardin: "Big talk for one guy, alright I'll let her go."

He let go of her ear and she backed away as they surrounded me.

Cardin: "But once we're done kicking your ass we'll make sure she gets it twice as bad now."

He smirked and pulled out his mace while the rest of his team readied their weapons. Cardin was the first to move he swung his mace only for me to duck and him hit one of his teammates in the face sending him into the wall.

Me: "Nice one."

I smiled and backed up a bit, putting some distance between me and the remaining three. Next was a guy with a halberd. As he went to stab I dodged and grabbed the halberd and broke it in half then hit him with the piece that held the handle, I then dropped the pieces and stood waiting for the other two. This time Cardin and a guy with twin daggers came at me. The guy with the daggers charged me and went to slash me, however I grabbed his wrist and twisted it putting him in front of me like a human shield as Cardin's mace went and hit the guy in the gut. I then kicked him away and onto Cardin where Cardin threw him off of him and charged. He went for a swing from his right towards my head, I grabbed the handle and it stopped on a dime, inches from my face. I then delivered a powerful kick to his chest that sent him flying into the wall behind him which was at least twenty feet behind him. I then dropped the mace and turned to walk to my room. Before I got very far someone grabbed my wrist.