Prologue

"Silva!"
"Silva Withers!"
Hearing a high pitched male voice call my name, I stop rubbing my horse's nose long enough to look behind me. The male that called me is my partner, Jack Adams. Jack is a giant compared to me, he's 6 ft tall exactly. I'm 4'11". Jack is quite cute though, he has shoulder length brown hair, an olive skin complexion, freckles all over his face, and a charming smile. His clothes style differs from day to day and today he is wearing a simple pair of blue jeans and a red t-shirt.
He runs up to me out of breath, leaning down onto his knees and panting like a dog.
"What is it, Jack?"
He holds his index finger up to me signaling to give him a minute, so I turn my back to him and start rubbing my horse's nose again.
"Silva, we start a new mission in a few hours. The file is on your desk in your office. You should start packing everything you will need as this will be a long mission."
I turn back to Jack briefly, still petting my horse Willow's nose.
"Thank you for telling me Jack. I'll be inside shortly."
  I watch as Jack walks back  towards our small, secluded house      and I bury my face into Willow's mane while gently sighing.
  With the new mission in mind, I give Willow a small kiss on her nose and start walking towards the house.