Chapter 18

Seth was exhausted. The girl that followed to him to his room was constently nagging him. He had finally managed to get her to leave him alone a day ago.

He sat at the table eating, glancing over to Bogey whos hand was resting on his shoulder. Seth use to shudder and shake the hand from him but now he didn't mind. He actually found it comforting. Bogey had started to make a regular appearance the last few weeks. He would sit by Seth, his hand usually never strayed far from one of Seth's arms.

Seth was starving. He shoved french fries into his mouth and savored every bite. The salty taste took his mind off of everything he had been worrying about. He slouched and took a deep breath. He was fine as long as Bogey was by his side.

"Hey," Seth glanced up to see the girl coming over to his table. Awesome.

"I don't want to talk," Seth hissed.

"Then listen." She sat down, shoving her tray to her side and folding her hands.

She was obnoxious. "Seth ignore this- thing," Bogey scooted away from Seth, removing his hand from his warm shoulder. Seth glanced at Bogey then to the girl. Bogey shuddered and disappeared.

"Why should I listen to you?" Seth shoved more food into his mouth, looking back to the girl. He was thankful he hadn't vomited already. He looked her up and down. She had long brown hair, freckles scattered around her cheeks like stars in the galaxy. Her soft eyes looked back at Seth admiring his features. Tears glossed her eyes and she looked away.

"You shouldn't-I don't deserve to be listened to. I really don't-" She muttered something under her breath but Seth couldn't decifer it. She stood up and shook her head, wiping tears from her eyes. She turned to leave but Seth needed to know what she was talking about.

"Wait!" Seth called as she haulted. She turned around and sat back down. "What's your name?" Seth felt an emotional connection yet he didn't even know her name.

She smiled. "Camille." She kept her eyes low, her brown hair brushing the table. Seth thought of the name. Huh, it kinda sounds like Celest- his thinking was cut off.

"I'm sorry Seth. I really am. You need to get rid of this great evil. You can't let it control you." She turned to look where Bogey was sitting although he had left moments before.

Anger. Anger filled Seth and he stood up. "What are you talking about?" A laugh filled his chest and he looked around the room, patients becoming ancy. "There is no evil! I am fine. Bogey wants nothing but the best for me!" His veins bulged from his neck, seemingly black. The nurses noticed this weeks before but dismissed it as a side affect of his medications. Seth knew better. "You are the evil one!" Voices flew through Seth's head, swarming. They screamed at him. Bogey broke through all the voices.

"Shhh all is well," Bogey cooed. Jazz played and Seth's favorite song rang through his mind.

"Hush, hush, hush, here comes the Bogeyman." Seth listened to the words and sat back down. Nurses glanced his way, making sure he was stable. They just recently allowed him to walk around freely, after what happened. After all, he had punched a nurse.

Camille sighed and glanced at him. "You need to I'm not asking. Get rid of it." She seemed unmoved by Seth's sudden rush of anger although he could sense a hint of fear in her voice.

"Who told you it was your job to control my life?" Seth grunted and stood up.

He rushed to his room and closed the door. His favorite song softly played in the back of his mind and he sat on his bed. His stomach groaned.

"Seth?"

"Yes Bogey?" Seth admired his deep voice. The way it slithered through the air, engulfing everything.

"If I asked you to do anything. Anything is this dirty, puny, unforgiving world, would you?"

"Of course!" Seth answered back, excitedly.

Bogey let out a deep breath, seemlessly unending. "Kill her."

Seth's heart jumped out of his throat. "Camille?" It was as if he swallowed a rock. Adrenaline surged through him and he shook his head, licking his chapped lips.

"Excuse me Seth, but a certain someone said they would do anything for me." Bogey's long torso was pressed up against the wall, next to Seth. He shifted his head and his eyes glared at Seth. His neck was bent, the weight of his head dragging it down as if he had no spine. His lips curled into a smile and he shook with laughter. A terrifying laughter. Seth thought of the Joker.

Seth had to admit. Camille made him angry. Why does she want Bogey gone? The thought disgusted him. No it made him want to kill Camille. Bogey was a saint. Definitely not evil.

"But- I can't. I'll get locked up for good!" Seth shivered at the thought. He thought he had it bad here? What about prison?

"Seth. Are you really that selfish?" Bogey hissed.

"N-no. I'll do it," He turned and looked at Bogey. "Because you asked me to." A tingling sensation filled Seth and he laid his head on his pillow. Bogey smiled down at him.

"Perfect." He snapped and Seth fell unconscious. He fell farther and farther into his mind, somewhere far away with Bogey.

*  *  *

Seth woke up two hours later. Bogey had given him clear instructions. Instructions so everything would go off without a hitch. Seth picked the lock from the inside of his room and opened the door. He looked down each side of hallway and saw no one. Patients weren't allowed out of their rooms after 7 pm. He stepped out, the moonlight spilling into the hall from the windows. Seth glanced at a clock. 1:30 am. He crept down the hall, darting past the rooms patients were fast asleep in.

Bogey had left a knife in Seth's room under his mattress. It wasn't a normal knife. It had strange markings from languages Seth didn't even knew existed. Bogey told Seth it would work perfectly on Camille. Seth wondered why he needed such a knife but didn't question.

The blade gleamed in the window- light as Seth reached Camille's room. He glanced through the small window in the door and saw Camille turn over on her side. Bogey told Seth she was a light sleeper. He would have to be very careful. He picked the lock to her room amd stepped inside. He shivered although it was warm. Almost humid.

Seth crept up to the bed and took a deep breath. He grabbed the hilt of the knife with both his hands and raised it above his head. He watched Camille's chest fall and rise with each shallow breath, her salmon shirt a brilliant color in the dark room. It pained Seth to think of what he was doing. This was someone's life. He hesitated but heard Bogey's instructions echo in his mind.

'Don't you hesitate. Not one second.'

Seth gripped the hilt tighter and Camille's eyes fluttered open.

"Seth?" She groaned, her eyes growing wide. She screamed and a burst of light filled the room. A ringing noise filled Seth's ears as he was blinded, dropping the knife and falling to the ground. The blade clattered onto the cement floor and everything Seth saw was engulfed in a bright white.

Hey guys thanks for over 300 reads! I don't have much to say besides I hope y'all are enjoying the story! I do NOT own the photo in the intro to this chapter nor do I own its content.