Wednesday- In the Hallway

Dear Diary,

My story came with some mixed reviews. It was the most realistic outcome, I suppose, but I still didn't think of it until it actually happened. My friends loved my story—or, at least, they told me that they did. If they didn't like my story, I wouldn't want them to tell me about it. My teacher was really proud of me for finishing my section on time and leaving a cliffhanger on it so that people would want to keep reading. She even showed it to my class and encouraged more people to read it. Like any sixth grade class, they were a little bummed to have to read something in class, but once they read it most of them liked it. I wondered if the rest of the school would like it as much as I did, but I didn't find out until I went in the hallway during class.

In the middle of my scaring lessons, I had to go to the bathroom, so I asked my teacher if I could. She then asked me, "I don't know, CAN you?" I then replied in a defeated tone, "MAY I use the bathroom?" Which she said yes to.

As I made my way to the bathroom, I bumped into some kids from R's class who were probably just skipping class or something. "Nice story in the paper," one of them said. It didn't sound very sincere though.

"Yeah, real cool, having the human be the good guy and the zombies be bad," another one said sarcastically.

"Your story sucks. If you don't quit the paper and stop writing this trash, who knows what could happen?" The third guy was more straightforward.

This threat almost made me pee my pants, so it was a good thing that I was already pretty close to a bathroom. I can't help but wonder if his threat was actually real, or if he was just trying to be cool in front of his friends. I decided to brush it off. I mean, if he really was going to do something, I could just tell the teacher and he would get in trouble right away.

"I've got nothing to worry about," I told myself as I washed my hands, even though my face was sweaty because I was worried. "Play it cool, man," I said to my reflection.

Afterdrying my hands, I walked back to class and acted like everything was normal. Idon't think that I'll tell anyone about this for now. It can be my littlesecret, so long as it doesn't get out of hand. And I really hope that itdoesn't get out of hand.