twenty-eight

"So....what do we do now?" Zayn asked after a lengthy silence.

"Well...my dad won't be back until later. We can...hang out if you want. Maybe watch a film?" Harry suggested.

"Is that what...two blokes who are more than friends do?" Zayn asked.

"Well there's a lot more but it involves contact I don't think you're ready for-"

"I am." Zayn interrupted, making Harry blush deeply.

"Y-You are?"

Zayn nodded. "I want to see how it feels."

"See how what feels?" Harry asked.

Zayn hesitated a little, blushing as well. "Kissing, I guess."

Harry licked his lips. "So you're saying you want to do a bit of experimenting? The...exact thing you said you'd never do?"

"That's the past," Zayn said unsurely. "Now I've...changed my mind. How can I know what I want if I don't try things out?"

Harry swallowed, nodding. "Alright. So...d'you want to...." He trailed off.

"Sure." Zayn said, glancing at Harry's lips.

"Now?" Harry asked after a short silence.

"Y-Yeah, yeah. Now." Zayn nodded, his heart pounding.

"Okay." Harry said, not moving an inch.

"Yeah." Zayn said quietly, also staying where he was.

"Um....here? Or-"

"Yeah, I think this a good place." Zayn nodded.

"Standing or sitting?" Harry asked, not knowing why he was so nervous.

He didn't want to mess this up.

"Sitting." Zayn said, wanting to give his weak knees a rest.

Harry walked over and sat on the bed, glancing at the spot beside him before looking back at Zayn.

"Feels like I'm twelve again." Zayn chuckled as he sat down, hoping to ease the tension.

"You had your first kiss at twelve?" Harry asked.

"Yeah. When did you have yours?" Zayn asked.

Harry stared at him for a moment. "When you kissed me in that closet. Remember?"

"Oh. I forgot you told me that...I was your first." Zayn said quietly, looking at Harry's lips.

"First kiss." Harry said, smiling a little.

Zayn looked into his eyes now, chuckling. "Yeah, nothing else."

Harry was tempted to say yet, but he didn't want to take it too far so he just smiled.

"So...." Zayn trailed off.

"Just kiss me." Harry said, trying not to laugh.

"Sorry, um, okay." Zayn said, hesitating again before he slowly leant over and pressed his lips against Harry's.

He was doing it.

He was kissing another boy.

Of course, he had before, but back then he didn't know Harry was a boy.

At first Zayn planned on the kiss being short, but suddenly he was taken back to that day he first kissed Harry.

Everything he felt then, and that night in the backseat of Harry's car was here now.