Chapter:6

"Ali I need you to go out and check the hayfield out." Buck told me as he walked out of the office. I shrugged and got into my truck. No harm using it. Rusty went along for the ride with me. I pulled out of the gates and drove until I reached the hayfield.

'Grab a couple of bales too.' Buck texted. I unlocked the gate and drove through. I backed up to the hay barn and got out. My leather gloves making my hands sweaty.

I loaded up my truck bed with bales and checked the field out. I took a picture of it from the top of my cab. Buck sent me a thumbs up and told me to cut it Monday.

I got into my truck.  Rusty was laying in the front seat as I closed the gate. I kept on glancing out my window. When I looked forward I swerved taking out the fence and hitting a tree.

"Dang dogs." I mumbled. Smoke was coming from my engine. I opened the door and called Rusty. Just as he jumped out it caught fire. I ran back to the truck and got the fire extinguisher. I put out most of the fire. The hay was still good and edible for the animals.

I started walking the right way back to the ranch headquarters. Rusty ran a few feet ahead. I continued to walk. 'Horse coming your way. He broke out.'

I looked up and there was a paint horse running towards me. I whistled and he stopped and came over to me. I scratched him then mounted onto her back.

She turned around and we went back to the ranch. I put Rusty up and took the horse to the barn. I dismounted and led her in by her halter.

"Crazy horse." I clipped her onto the cross ties. Buck came out of a stall. "That's really one we can't lose." He told me. I nodded.

"May I borrow the tractor and a stock panel?" I asked. "For what?" "Something needs to be fixed." I told him. He nodded and I gave him the hayfield key.

I went and got the tractor keys and got a stock panel. I got my chains and a roll of barbed wire I still had leftover. Then grabbed my pliers and made my way over to where I put a hole in the fence. Luckily no animals were nearby.

I pulled my truck out of the pasture with the tractor and used the tractor and the panel to block off the field from the hole. The engine was cut and I got to work.

Most of it could be reattached. The rest had to be replaced. A truck pulled over to the side of the road. "Ali. Did you do that?" Joseph asked.

"Yes sir. A dog jumped out in front of me and I swerved landing in that tree. It won't run anymore I'm afraid. Lost the engine and it will cost me more just to get it repaired than a new truck."

"Well I'm glad you fix what you tore up or broke." He told me. I nodded and continued my work. It was fixed in less than an hour. I removed the panel and stuck it back on the bucket.

Joseph stopped again and I loaded the bales on his truck. I stuck my tools and chains in the bucket and followed him back to the ranch. My truck on the side of the road.

I got back and called a tow truck. Then saddled my horse. It was a slow day so not much going on except me rushing here and there.

I met the guy and he towed my truck to the dealership. I took my horse back and got a lift with Maggie to town because she was going grocery shopping.

I traded my tore up truck for a twenty thousand red ford f100. I paid for it in cash and drove it home. My foster parents were rich beyond belief. They made sure I had money. They think I'm still sixteen years old.

I pulled in the drive to see a familiar car parked in front of the barn. I parked on the opposite side of Buck and got out. Foster parents are here. They love to visit me when I'm at work.

That's how I lost my last two jobs. They were talking to Buck and Joseph in the office. I entered pissed, but held a calm expression.

"Would you mind telling me why you're here?" I asked them. "Because we love you honey pie." My foster father said. They tried to raise me but it was their maids that did.

"Um no not a good enough reason. You show up to all of the jobs I've had and ruin it for me. Could you please excuse us?" I asked Joseph and Buck. They both nodded and left.

"We do not show up to your jobs." (Pardon the language) "Yes you Fking do. I'm Fking tired you you ruining my life. Your maids and my school teachers raised me not you Fking idiots." I almost shouted.

No one was going to be able to calm me down. "Watch your language young lady." "You have no authority over me. Never have, never will. My boss' have more authority than you two beans." With that I stormed out of the office slamming the door and walking to my house.

I slammed that door too, and locked it.

Bucky's POV
I could hear her yelling through the window and door and my dad and I stood outside. I thought those were her parents until she said that her teachers and the maids raised her.

She stormed out and turned the corner. Truth be told she's scary when she's pissed off. The couple came out of the office. Before hand they were telling us about how spoiled she was and was trying to get her fired.

That doesn't fly with me. I've seen her work and there's no way I'm firing her because of these two. They caught my cold stare and left the property. "Tell mom the gate code. I'm turning that back on and keeping the gates closed. Anyone that wants in will have to ask me for permission."