10

I woke up to a small droplet fall on my face and Mr Beaver looking down to me.

"Wake up!" he beamed. "It is time to leave and start our adventure!"

I looked and saw Peter laying beside me, his nose red from the cold. Standing up, I brushed off the snow on my arms and walked over to Susan and Lucy who were standing there smirking at me. I immediately blushed.

Mrs Beaver handed round a dark, little flask out of which everyone drank out of - it made us all cough and splutter a little and stung the throat, but it also made you feel deliciously warm after you'd swallowed it.

We all stood up and began to walk slowly across the mountains ready to go to Aslan's camp.

"Now Aslan's camp is just over there by the stone table just across the frozen river." Mrs Beaver began as we walked slowly.

As we walked out, our steps lagged. Each foot felt a huge effort to lift and carry to the front to keep moving. The snow was painful. It felt as if it was stopping us from reaching our destination. Coincidence? I think not.

I looked over to Peter and quickly looked away before he saw me staring. The tension between me and Peter seemed really awkward after last night. I would keep secretly look over at him, praying he wouldn't notice.

His nose was still red due to the cold and he was holding his little sister, giving her stability to walk.

"River?" Susan asked frowning.

How could we walk across the river? I thought to myself

"It's been frozen for 100 years" she added, as if she heard what I was thinking.

"It seems so far" Lucy moaned as she walked to me, holding my hand for support.

"It's the world dear, did you expect it to be small?" Mrs Beaver giggled walking ahead.

"Smaller.." Susan spoke looking at me, which caused me to smile widely.

As we began to walk Peter came over to me. He brushed his hand past mine and it caused shivers to shoot all around my body. I blushed trying to brush off the feeling. Peter smiled and whispered into my ear.

"I enjoyed last night" he smiled.

I blushed bright red and looked up to him, about to reply when Mr Beaver interrupted me.

"Come on, before we're old" he complained as we all walked behind him, slowly.

"If he tells me to Hurry up one more time" Peter began and picked up Lucy. "I'm going to turn him into a big fluffy hat"

We all giggled at Peter choice of words. He looked at me and smiled the most perfect smile i had ever seen. Cliché?

"Hurry up Son-of-Adam! We don't have all day." Mr Beaver yelled even more.

"He is getting kinda bossy" Lucy frowned.

That's when I heard it. I heard a noise. A noise which caused my world to turn upside down and leave a empty pit in my stomach.

It was a sound of jingling bells.

"It's her! Run!" Mrs Beaver yelled.

I turned around and saw the sleighs approaching us very rapidly. My heart pounded against my chest.

Susan ran off ahead while Peter grabbed his little sisters hand holding it, hoping she wouldn't fall over and possibly get injured. I ran behind the two of them trying to hurry them up.

"Quick down here!" Mr Beaver yelled referring to the small cave that would be sure to cover us.

As we all rushed into the cave and settled in trying to balance our irregular breathing due to running. My heart quickened and I was alert.

Suddenly the bells came to a halt and someone had got off the sleigh. Their footsteps walked around and a silouivte peaked over the edge. Peter put his hand on mine, which caused my body to stop shaking with fear.

Then all noise stopped.

"I suppose I better go out and look" Peter said about to stand up.

I pushed him back slowly and shook my head.

"She's right." Mr Beaver began. "I'll go. You are worth nothing to Narnia dead"

"Neither are you Beaver" Mrs Beaver and I spoke in sync.

"I'll come with you" I began and Peter tried to stop me.

He pulled me into his chest and refused to let me go.

"Let me go Peter" I muffled afraid.

"No" he spoke in my hair soothing me.

With that Mr Beaver was out of the cave like a flash. Perhaps you think, as the rest of us thought for a moment, that this was a very silly thing to do? But it was really a very sensible one. Mr Beaver knew he could scramble to the top of the bank among bushes and brambles without being seen; and he wanted above all things to see which way the Witch's sledge went. As much as I wanted to help I knew I would be caught definitely.

As soon as Mr Beaver left silence screamed around us. Piercing our ears. Tension filled the small petite cave which was protecting us, yet seem to be the most terrifying thing.

We were all awaiting the worst. When a familiar head popped down, causing us to all squeal in fright.

"I hope you've all been could cuz there is someone here to see ya!" Mr Beaver beamed which made us all confused.

Slowly we got out of the cave and saw a very familiar man, with the name of 'Father Christmas'.

"Merry Christmas sir!" Lucy beamed hugging the man with the white beard.

He hugged her back softly.

"Merry Christmas Lucy" he echoed back.

"Right I have put up with a lot of things since we have been here. But this-" Susan began but was cut off by her older brother with a glare as she began.

"We thought you were the witch" he said.

He chuckled. "In mine defence I have been driving this thing a lot long before the witch had"

"Then it's Christmas? Well Merry Christmas sir!" I smiled and he returned the gesture.

"It certainly is Sophia. Thanks to you and your friends" he spoke excited.

"I thought there was no Christmas in Narnia" Susan spoke rolling her eyes.

I turned and glared at her alongside Peter sharing the same gesture.

"It hasn't been for a hundred years. But now the Witch's power is crumbling." Father Christmas answered back.

He smiled and began to rummage threw his gigantic, famous sack and threw it to the ground. It caused Lucy to perk up looking at the huge sack.

"Presents!" Lucy squealed.

Wow! This sure does feel like home.