How it all started. (Ch.1)

Hi.

My name is...

Moriah... I think.

Nobody has spoken to me in years.

Not even my little brother.

My brother hasn't spoken in months. Everyone who passes by us thinks we are just lousy kids trying to get free money and food.

Except one woman.

One day, a woman found my brother when he was out searching for food. He didn't speak to her, he just pointed her in the direction of me. She found me, and very much helped us. Everyday she passes by on her way to and from work, she gives us a dollar.

Living like this is the hardest thing I've ever done.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It all started when a man entered our small shack, bursting through the doorway. He held a shotgun in his left hang and chokers in the other.

He claimed to have the right to take our home. Little did I know, he took everything, illegally.

He grabbed my father by the arm. He broke free, but the guy then grabbed my mother. She however couldn't brake from his grasp. It was too strong. He began wrapping a choker around my moms neck, but she tore it off before it was too tight.

My brother and I were gathering as much as we could hold. Mainly food and water. We already didn't have much, so we pretty much grabbed everything we owned.

Our father had a pistol hidden under one of the old broken wooden floorboards. He jumps down and grabs it as quick as he can and aims it at the man.

"Get out of here. Go to our meeting place." He whispered to me. "Take your brother."

"Father We can't leave you here!" I whisper back.

My mom breaks free but the guy see's our father aiming the pistol.

He just chuckles and aims his shotgun at my mother.

I'm already hysterically crying and so is my brother.

*BOOM*

The bullet traveled right through my mother.

Just like that, she was gone.

My dad shoots but hits the guys arm.

"Oh. I've been shot there many many times." He chuckled.

"You've done this. To other people?!"

"Of course. Now that your wife is gone, it's your turn. You wanna suffer, or get it over with?"

"I'd rather leave. I want to join my wife in peace."

And, just like that. My father was gone too.

The man walks over to us.

"Now, I'll spare you two."

"Thank you sir," i bow my head.

"Now, GET OUT! This is my place now. You can live on the streets, ORPHANS!"

That's when it really hit me.

We're orphans now.

"Y-yes sir." I looked away.

We hurried out and followed the path to the road. Then we followed the road to the main streets. That's how we got here.

My brother and I had a few more conversations now and then, but we stopped talking. I've thanked a few people, but rarely anyone has helped us.