As I walked out of the building the heavy rain had diminished into a light shower. The idea of me contacting him popped into my head.

Fuck it!

I decided to text him once I was back home where it was warm and dry. I had my own home... Well an apartment. It had been a years, six years to be precise, since I stopped living with my parents. Then I  remembered how it all unfolded.

It was late and 14 year old me was sitting by the window and smoking. It had only been a year since I started and knew what I was getting into but now that I think back, it was so stupid how my mind worked.

I had a decent amount of good friends that never got into trouble. Most of the time I stayed at there house while my parents fought at home and I grew tired of hearing it everyday, so what better choice than to leave every now and then.

They of course didn't know that I smoked; since I kept most things to myself. My slightly drunk mother came into my room and saw me holding a lit cigarette in my hand.

She was infuriated when she saw me and I grew scared. Terrified, I ran out of the room before should grasp onto me and beat me. As I ran out the house I could hear the thunder rolling in the wind as a heavy storm was headed our way.

I don't know exactly what happened but before I knew it I could see my my parents running towards me, but not far from me. The heavy rain now beating against my small body as I ran faster. Almost out of breath I could hear the trains whistle blowing in the distance. I ran over the train tracks in hopes of losing them.

I didn't dare look back to see how far they were from me but instead kept running even after they screamed my name. It wasn't long until I arrived at my friends house before I actually felt safe. His mother let me stay without asking any questions or calling my parents.

It wasn't until a few days later that I  found out  that I actually did lose my parents. Both died on the railroad tracks.

They were unrecognizable since the train could not stop and dragged both of their bodies thirty feet. There wasn't much the police could work with since my parents had literally become ground beef. But when the police had received two calls from both my parents workplace that they hadn't shown up for work, they were able to identify the mangled bodies.

A funeral was held and I had blamed no one else but myself for what happened to my parents. I felt guilty for taking everything from them while I had nothing but a pack of cancer sticks.

I pushed old memories aside and looked at my cigarette box.

"God, I hope I die soon...."

The walk to my apartment was long but I enjoyed it. The sun had set more beautifully today than yesterday. No more cigarettes in my pockets but I knew I'd need them tomorrow in the morning when the sun would rise. I stopped by a store and bought two packs before heading to my apartment.

Once there I finally decided to text him.

Pyrocynical: you don't happen to be in the UK at the moment?

LeafyIsHere: and if I am?

Pyrocynical: O

Pyrocynical: Hitler please leave

LeafyIsHere: I'll think about... I just got here and I'm tired as fuck so goodnight

Pyrocynical: K