The apartment was silent and I could hear the clock tick away as time passed, what seemed like seconds to others were hours to me. I rubbed my eyes and tried to think of something to do to pass the time. I checked my phone; no new notifications, what else was I expecting from a place that I could hardly get any service.

It was now done brewing and I served the coffee in mugs and headed towards the living room where I would get a scolding. I gave him his coffee and placed both the sugar and the creamer on the coffee table along with a spoon.

I took a sip of the,bitter dark coffee and made a sour face but remained calm.
'Fuck...I forgot to put sugar.'
I shrugged it off and took another sip of its darkness.

"Niall I care for you. I tell you that ever so often because I feel like sometimes you forget"

"I remember you telling me that ever since we were young. How could I possibly forget?"

"If you'd listen you wouldn't be harming yourself. By hurting yourself you're also hurting others as well."

"Martin please stop... You're not my mom or my dad but you care for me as if you were. And I feel bad because I don't care. I just wanna die. I appreciate what you are doing but I'm just not worth it." I smiled slightly taking in the aroma of coffee, looking over at him.

Martin just stared at me and I couldn't put the face he made into words. It was all over the place a mixture of hate, sorrow, and disappointment. The grip on his mug tightened and it probably would've broken if he hadn't spoke up.
"How can you say that Niall? We've been friends for so long and now you say this? I'm not your parents, guardian or whatever. But I'm your friend and it's my job to take care of you."

"I never asked you to do that " I murmured, bringing the cup to lips . But before I could take a sip I was swiftly brought up by Martin, who was now holding me by the collar. I could feel the hot contents falling onto the floor as the cup broke upon impact when hitting the table.

I just stared at him emotionless as he yelled and screamed at my face. His furrowed eyebrows and his watering eyes looked at me. My ear were too focused were on white noise and the sounds of the clock ticking away, to listen to what he was saying. He eventually dropped me and I fell back onto the chair, nearly falling over.

A sudden pang of guilt hit me as tried to think of a response to the scolding I didn't hear. "I'm sorry... I should've been more considerate of your feelings." I managed to say as I stared down at my feet to where the puddle of spilled coffee laid. There wasn't a response from him immediately but eventually he did speak up.

"I'm not saying you're selfish but please think of others next time you feel like hurting yourself."  He began picking up the pieces of the broken mug as I just sat there for a moment taking in his words. I helped clean up the mess then changed out of pants that got wet with coffee.

Martin was tired and was falling asleep before I spoke up. "You can sleep in my bed if you want." He nodded his head and headed over to my room. "Don't try anything stupid while I'm asleep ok?" He said still sounding upset and I let out a sigh. "I won't. I'll be editing a few videos so don't worry mate."

There was a minute of silence before Martin began moving again and murmured something under his breath. He continued on until he disappeared into my room, closing the door behind him and I started working on my videos.