Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen

Eisley

I've never been the healthiest growing up. I was expecting I wouldn't reach my 20's, but here I am, 22 years old and breathing. I'm alive, but I couldn't call it living until Tyrese made me experience 'life'.

She made me do things I wouldn't do, but I surprisingly did. I've always found her attractive. Her skin is as white as snow. At night, she glows. When it's sunny and she's sweaty, she goes red. She still glows. Even her silly face is pretty. How is that possible?

She has almond eyes; expressive, yet they're hard to figure out. When she smiles, her eyes follow. I enjoy watching her, because in this world full of despair and cruelty, she radiates positivity.

She makes me calm like arts and photography. Like nature. Except she's noisy and nosy. Nonetheless, she makes me forget everything. Whenever I'm with her, I only focus on her. When I'm not with her, I still think about her.

Hindi naman ako ganito dati. I had never liked her. I was pissed at her for following me around. I hate attention, but Tyrese was the attention. I didn't want to be recognize. I didn't want to have friends.

Everyone would want to be friends with her and if she'd keep talking to me, I was afraid they would notice me.

I didn't like her, but I didn't hate her.

'Sino yung kausap ni Tyrese? I've never seen him.'

'Wow. He's cute.'

'But he's weird, 'di ba? Wala nga siyang friends.'

'Paano siya nagustuhan ni Tyrese?'

I hated her when everyone started to talk to me and even teased me. Maraming gustong makipagkaibigan, pero may mga ilan na gusto akong saktan. I didn't care about them as long as my mom was there.

College came, and she thought I didn't notice, but I knew she and mom were close to the extent that my mom would build me up with her. She even put Tyrese's painting on our wall which I didn't mind, because I liked it.

Still, I told her to go away. I was scared my mom would get attached and I'd have no choice, but to accept her.

I got sick again and I had to go under surgery. She was my nurse. She was red, her hands were tembling, and she had become more attractive. What happened in the operating room was the most unexpected and embarrassing moment in my life.

I still didn't like her. I didn't care how beautiful or kind she was. I hated romance. I believed, 'love is bound to destroy'.

Things have changed when she stayed in Cebu. Maraming oras na naiinis ako dahil hindi pa rin siya nagbabago. Gagawin niya pa rin lahat para makapasok sa mundo ko. When I tried to be rude and told her she was being selfish, I couldn't sleep for days. I was feeling guilty.

My mom kept on telling me I should be nice to her.

I could only think of her. What was she doing to me?

It worsened when she saved my mom from the flood. I was too tired and worried. Why did she have to be too kind? But if it wasn't for her, I wouldn't have known what to do.

I didn't even realize I was already hugging her. What would I do without her? What was I feeling? The feeling was too different from my normal neutral emotion. Why did I hug her? She wouldn't think I like her, right? My office mates would do it everytime they'd say their good byes.

I wanted to redeem myself. I asked my mom to teach me how to cook, so I could bring her lunch. Hindi ko na nga nabilang kung ilan beses akong na-paso. Good thing, injections and burns don't hurt anymore. Nah, I'm not sure if it's a good thing.