PROLOUGE

Christmas. 

C H R I S T M A S

My absolute favorite time of year. 

The tree was lit, the halls were decked, the cookies frosted, and the ground dusted with light layers of snow. Everything was perfect.

My name is Braeylnn, I’m seventeen, a senior in high school, and my parents have been divorced since I was four years old. I go back and forth between them, and generally alternate who I am with on Christmas. My Mom is just about the sweetest, most incredible person you will ever meet, but my Dad has his moments. He was always a great father, loving and caring, until he made, what I would like to think of as the “The Worst Decision of His Life”. Marrying Jennifer White. She is just about as evil as a stepmom can be. When I was younger it really bothered me, until it became clear that her cutting words were simply an outlet of anger that I shouldn’t let bother me. None the less I have spent the last 6 years being cut down by spits of fuming anger. Needless to say, I no longer enjoy Christmas at my dads house. 

This year I wasn’t supposed to have to worry one bit, I was supposed to spend the holiday break, joyfully celebrating in the warmth of my Mother’s home. That is, until she got a call from her brother, informing them of a sick relative that needed to visited before it was to late, and decided that the right place for me to go was my Dad’s. Great.

So now I will tell you the story of just how this Christmas came to be, the best and worst  Christmas yet. 

☃❅☃❄☃❆ ☃❅☃❄☃❆ ☃❅☃❄☃❆ ☃❅☃❄☃❆ ☃❅☃❄☃❆ ☃❅☃❄☃❆