An Unlikely Mate

So, this is a new story... (: It's a romance...and has vampires and werewolves, which I hate because I think they are way to cliche (dare I say...MAINSTREAM) But if you can't beat them, join them... 

I wrote this kind of inspired by Caroline and Tyler in TVD, (tv show), so yeah (;

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter One

          I’d known Kale for as long as I could remember. He hadn’t changed a bit. He still looked younger than his true age. He’d looked pretty much the same for all of my eight years of life.

          I’m a vampire, I was born that way. Both of my parents are vampires. I age faster than normal humans; one year for me is two for humans. I’ve only been alive eight years, but I look sixteen, and I’m as mature as one. I’ll stop aging when I’m eleven, or twenty-two.

          Being a vampire is okay. I don’t like killing for blood, so I usually drink donor blood. We’re strong and fast, and have the ability to compel people, as long as they’re not wearing vervain, which is like a vampire’s wolf’s bane. If you’re wondering how I walk in the sun, it’s because of a ring I wear. My ring was made by a witch and it lets me walk in the sun without being burned to ashes.

          My first memory with Kale is when he took me to the beach when I was one or two, and he took me to the beach and made sandcastles with me all day.

          Kale hasn’t aged much in the eight years I’ve known him. Maybe a little, he’s got slight stubble now that he was twenty five. He only looked about twenty, though. He didn’t age if he didn’t want to. He described it as like a switch you could turn on or off, much like how I can turn on or off my emotions. I always leave them on.

          Kale is a werewolf, the alpha of his pack. His pack is small, only four members. He lived on the Reservation, which is full of families that all used to be part of the tribe, of werewolves, though no one knew they were werewolves. There’s another pack on the reservation, but that’s another story for another time.

          Werewolves only shift on full moons, and for those, Kale goes and finds somewhere to chain himself up. If he doesn’t, he could kill someone.

          We moved around a lot, due to my changing age. I wanted to go to high school like normal kids, so that’s exactly what I got. I usually moved every half year or so. Kale goes with us, and leaves his pack behind.

          The last bell rang, and I smiled. I get to go home and eat. I’m so hungry. It’s so hard being a vampire in a school full of humans. I don’t have urges all the time, just stressful times or when I’m sleep deprived and didn’t eat in the morning.

          I walked to my locked and put away my books. I grabbed my pea coat, and slipped it on. Winter was cold here in Bangor, Maine, and I am oh-so-glad that we moved here just in time to see the cold season.

          I walked outside, getting ready for the walk home. It wasn’t overly long, but it wasn’t a short one, or enjoyable for that matter. Especially not in this cold weather.

          I felt someone pick me up bridal style, and I squealed. I knew exactly who it was when his unnaturally warm hands touched me. It was Kade.

          “What’re you doing here?” I smiled.

          “Giving you a ride home,” he said simply.