Chapter Three

Hey guys! I'm sorry for not uploading in three days! I saw all the feedback, and I'm glad you guys like it. I originally wrote it and finished it off at five chapters, but I'm thinking about continuing it on. 

Please vote if you can, and I love comments, I try to reply to all of them. Fanning would be great, too. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Three

          Two weeks later, things were great. Kale and I were on good terms again, our awkward incident a few weeks ago was in the past, us both agreeing to forget it. I still felt awful for having wanted it, but at least he didn’t let it get between us.

          I woke up with a start. I looked at my clock, shit! I was going to be late to school. Usually Kale or my mom came in and woke me up if my alarm didn’t go off, but I guess they overslept too.

          “MAYSIE, GET UP!” Kale yelled. Oh, thanks for the wakeup call. I ran into my bathroom, taking a quick cold shower, and getting dressed. I grabbed my book bag, and went to get my coat.

          “I’m so sorry, I overslept, Mays, I’ll drive you,” he says. And we run to his car, he’s only wearing his boxer briefs, no shirt or shoes. His hair is a mess in a sexy just got out of bed way.

          He speeds the whole way to school, and I get there just in time for the bell to ring. I kiss his cheek, and walk inside.

          “Maysie, who was that sexy shirtless guy who dropped you off,” one of my friends, Jamie, asked.

          “Oh, that’s just Kale. He’s my best friend and a family friend, he was my father’s best friend.”

          “He looks so young to be your father’s age,” she said, confused.

          “He’s twenty five, so he is a lot younger than my father,” I laugh.

          “Well, damn, he’s hot. I might just have to come over and sleep with him,” she winked.

          “No, you will leave him alone,” I hissed and compelled her with my vampire abilities.

          “I will leave him alone,” she said.

          I sighed, confused as to why it bothered me that she had a crush on Kale. When she said that about him, it made me want to punch her in the face; no one was allowed to think that my Kale was hot. Wait…did I just call him my Kale? I sighed and went to class.

          I couldn’t get Kale out of my head, Jamie’s words echoing in my mind, making me…jealous? I’d never compelled any of my classmates before, so for me to have been upset enough to compel her? It’s crazy.

          After the fourth period bell rang, it was lunch time. I went to the bathroom, I needed to clear my head. I washed my hands, and a girl in my French three class walked in. Her name was Andrea, I think.

          “Hey Maysie! Who was that hunk that dropped you off? Your boyfriend? He was sexy! And shirtless, mm!” she giggled. I felt my eyes go red and fangs come out, and I did the one thing I never wanted to do. I bit her, and fed off of her blood. She tried to scream, but I clamped my hand over her mouth. As soon as I realized what I was doing, I stopped.

          I compelled her to forget what had happened, and told her she couldn’t take off her scarf, and it someone saw the bite, she had to tell them her boyfriend liked it rough.

          I sat on the bathroom floor and started crying. The girl’s bathroom door burst open, and I looked up to see Kale, standing there holding a brown paper bag. He locked the girl’s bathroom door behind him. I stood up, and he pulled me into his arms tightly.

          “Shh, Mays, it’ll be okay, what happened?” he whispered calmingly.

          “I-I-I drank her blood,” I cried. He kissed my forehead, and held me in his arms, swaying to calm me.

          “I-is she alive?” he whispered.

          “Yeah,” I sighed, “I stopped.”

          “Did you compel her to forget?”

          “Y-yeah,” I cried. He kissed my head.

          “It’s okay, Mays. It’s all my fault. I overslept, and then your alarm didn’t go off, and you were running behind, and you didn’t drink this morning,” he says.

          I didn’t drink. That was why I snapped at Jamie about Kale, and drank Andrea’s blood. I was just grouchy and delusional because I didn’t drink.

          “What were you doing here anyway?” I asked.

          “I brought you lunch,” he held up the brown paper bag, and pulled out a sandwich and a thermos.

          “The thermos is for you, the sandwich for me,” he winked. I opened the thermos and drank all of the blood.

          “Let’s go to the office, and I’ll tell them you got sick and I’ll take you home.”

          We got in his car, and I kissed his cheek.

          “Thank you,” I whispered.

          “Mays, you know you can count on me, right? You say the word, and I’ll drop everything and be there,” he says.

          We drive home in silence, my make-up is smudged down my face from crying, and dry tears stain my face. We pull in our drive, and I get out of Kale’s car. He carries my book bag, and grabs my hand, playing with my fingers. It seems odd, but his small gesture was really calming.

          We go inside, and I change into some sweats, pulling my hair back into a messy ponytail. I crawled into my bed, and Kale laid down beside me. I buried my face into his chest, and his large hands rubbed my back calmingly.

          “I can’t believe I did that,” I whispered, my voice soft and weak.

          “Hey, it’s okay,” he whispered, “You’ll be alright, she’ll be okay.”

          I snuggled into his warmth, and fell asleep, with him murmuring soothing words that made me feel better.