remus lupin begins to hate lily evans

The next day, Remus opened up the coffee shop, Lily following close behind, cursing the cold air that was being let in as they entered through the door.

"So are you excited about today?" she teases, bumping Remus' side with her hip. Remus rolled his eyes.

"Lily, as I've said before, it's business. I need to get a good grade, and this guy is doing it for free - "

"False!" Lily said, holding up her index finger and walking into the storage closet. "You had to give James my number!"

Remus laughed, following her into the closet and grabbing his apron. "Like you mind."

"He's a total fuckboy."

Remus raised his eyebrows, laughing again. "Well then. You still think he's cute."

"Who said?"

"You never let boys have your number. Even if it helped me in any way."

Lily shook her head, walking over to the register. "Whatever you say. Just know I'm going to tease the hell out of you when Peter calls me up saying he can hear you having wild sex with - "

"Jesus, Lily!" Remus complained, plugging his ears with his fingers. He could hear Lily's muffled laughs as she pretended to be busy with the register.

- - -

Sirius didn't prefer to be woken up by James singing as loud as he could while in the shower, but it's how he woke up the next morning. Much to his dismay.

He rolled out of bed, shuffling over to the bathroom door and banking his fists on it. "James Potter! Shut your loud mouth right now or I'll delete that girl's number off of your phone!"

Sirius heard something fall in the bathroom, probably a shampoo bottle. "No! Okay, okay, I'll be quiet! But you have to get ready soon because - wait, give me a second," James yelled, and Sirius heard the water then off. He backed away from the door as James stepped out of the bathroom, covered in a towel and rushing over to his phone by his bed.

"So you have to get ready soon because I agreed to meet coffee shop boy at the shop by one, and it's already eleven. And knowing you, you take your sweet time getting ready."

Sirius huffed, plopping down back onto his bed. "I still don't wanna do this. I'm only doing it for the sake of you actually getting to task to his friend."

James stood up, grabbing a shirt from a random pile of clothes and smelling it. "Oh come on, you like art and you always wanted to - "

"I know what I've always wanted to do. But I can't."

James have his friend a sad look. He knew how strict Sirius' parents were on threatening to cut his university finding if he went into a "useless" career major aka to them, art. "Alright, just be ready so we can walk over there and not be rushed."

They ended up being rushed, because James couldn't decide what cologne to wear and Sirius tried backing out last minute. This all resulted in the two walking through the coffee shop door, James breathing heavily from running ahead, and Sirius trying to brush through his tangled and wind-blown hair with his fingers.

James was already up at the counter, talking to a red haired girl who pointed behind her as a boy walked out from a closet, taking off his barista apron and handing it to another girl that was about to start her shift.