Superheros and a Night Out- Ch. 2

Ok here is a little more insight to Isabellas life, the next chapter will include some more Jace and Isabella so wait for that! Please comment because it would really help me if I got feedback to this story. Thanks!!!

P.S. - PICTURE OF GABRIELE ON THE SIDE ------->

----------------------------------

I made it just in time and headed to my room before my father could come and check to see if I was asleep. He began doing that when he caught me one night sneaking in at 4 in the morning. Now I just make sure to be in my bed before three a.m. since that is the time he usually got home

There are short periods of time where he doesn't work so he stays home and that is when he drinks and gambles. He brings his lousy friends over and orders Leonardo and I to bring them food and drinks.

I actually prefer when his friends are here because he refrains from hitting us but when they leave he seems to become frustrated and infuriated with us. If we do anything that he deems wrong he takes it out on us by hitting and slapping. I usually take the blow because I don't want him to harm my brothers, but sometimes he is angrier than other days and I can't protect my brothers. 

When mom was still here, dad used to be so loving, I was even a daddy's girl. I used to want to be around him twenty-four seven but that all changed after she left. He began to drink and to wallow in his misery while I had to take care of a newborn and a 10 year old. I was only sixteen at the time and had no idea what to do. I had no other option but to learn and it eventually became easier to raise two boys. 

The thing that got harder was dealing with my dad. 

I would always put Gabe down and instruct Leo to go to his room so that they were away from him and couldn't see him hitting me. He used to love me, but now he hated me because I looked so much like mom. 

The only reason I didn't leave was because I couldn't leave behind my siblings. He had already told me I wouldn't be able to see them if I left. I couldn't live without them and so I stayed, preferring to be here to care for them and also be subject to our father's drunken behavior. 

Once I heard the door close down the hallway I let out a breath that I hadn't realized I was holding. Happy he had headed straight to his room and hadn't woken up Gabe. That was the last thought before I drifted into sleep. 

_________________________________________

I slightly registered something moving around me, making me wake up from my foggy dream that seemed to included green eyes. I was completely jostled out of my dreamlike state and awakened to reality.

At first all I registered was a long cape before I heard the voice that I awakened to every morning at the crack of dawn. I love my little brother but sometimes I just want to lock him in a room for an entire day, okay who am I kidding I would probably get bored of not having that little booger around me all the time.

I opened my eyes to see those large, vibrant green eyes and a mess of chocolate brown hair. His face was round and he had a cute button nose and the most adorable cheeks, which I always had the urge to pinch (now I know why all the adults would do that to me when I was younger, its so irresistible).

"Momma wake up, wake up! I'm hungy!" He said while still jumping on my bed.

Gabriel began calling me mom since he first learned how to talk and I tried telling him to say my name, which he sometimes used but often preferred not to use. 

"Alright Gabe I'm up, I'm up," and before he could jump off the bed I grabbed him by the waist and tackled him down so I could tickle him. " Oh the tickle monster came out early! You better run before he gets to you."