02. Sight Through A New World

Dedication to @readingandwriting15

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Deadly Darkness || Chapter Two || Sight Through New Eyes.

Kristina opened her eyes only to be meet with darkness, no light anywhere. She hesitantly moved her hands up to her face. The eyes were still there and her eyelids moved... a little. Skin had healed over the eye only showing half of the eye the other thankfully had healed find and could almost fully open her eyes. Kristina could feel the scarring tissue around her eyes. In felt like she had knives run across her face everyday all her life. There was no healing from this.

She could smell the scent wax burning to her side. She reached out towards it when her hand came in contact with the open flame she yanked it back.

The burn on her hand healed over in seconds it was only minor. Kristina swung her feet over the edge of the bed tipping over the second she'd stood something being in her way.

She reached out still on the floor to find that it had been her slippers she had fallen over, she put them on before move towards where she thought was the door. She knew she went the wrong way when her nose crunched into the wall. Remembering one of the pack elders being blind she knew he had a stick and if he didn't have one he used the walls to guide him in unfamiliar places. Using the same idea she moved her hands to the wall and walked around know she'd have to get to the door soon or later. After many bombs and bruises Kristina found her way to the door fifteen minutes later.

Before she opened the door she grasped the cloak that hung from behind the door, she had gotten it of a visitor Mage. It had sat there for over a year and she was thankful she had it now. She threw her cloak over her head pushing the hood down only allowing her mouth to be seen, the left side slightly mangled where the silver-acid had run down her face.

She knew from memory that the door swung inwards so she stepped back as open the door. Thousands of smells hit her full force, it appeared that everybody that had been here at her Blinded was still here. Two strong heart beats either side of her indicated the there was guards there. Kristina gave them no sign the she knew that they were their just walked out hands in front of her till she hit a wall. She slid her hand along the wall continuing her journey to where everybody was, the grand dinning hall just a hundred meets to the left of the ballroom, on the corridor.

Kristina couldn't seemed to understand why she wasn't crying and screaming, she had her sight taken away by her family and the packs. Why wasn't she screaming revenge? How was she walking calming through the hall as if nothing were wrong? She couldn't make sense of it so she stopped trying to.

The guards that had been at her door watched her puzzled as they followed her. Their princess was only five years old but she'd been far beyond her years at an elder age, she thought as a adult while only a child. She simply walked with her hand against the walk guiding her. When that reached the bottom of the winding steps and into the hall two doors stood before them. One leading to the great hall and the other the grand dinning hall.

Kristina knew from the second she stepped off the staircase which door was which. A blood and flesh smell came from the meeting hall and food and scents from the other. She made her way towards the wooden doors to the left. Her hands and head rest against the door that led to the room that had sealed her fate. A tears fell from one eye but she quickly wiped it away and marched towards the doors that led to everybody else.

The guards watched the tear drop to the floor and how proudly and strong her aura became, they both had to admit they wouldn't of been as strong as that five year old, had it been them in her position.