Chapter 1

I heard the cackling laughter of Anun echo throughout the centroplex of the lab. Dusk's screaming soon came to my ears. I pushed through every door, every hallway, until I found him covered in blood. He lifted his arm lightly and dropped, eyes wide. Anun laughed before looking at me and grinned.

"How about some more experiments?" He asked, running toward me. My eyes widened and I pushed him back before running to Dusk. He was dead, his heart ripped from his chest. I cried, with my hand to my mouth, and I screamed before...

Waking in cold sweats, I propped up, breathing heavy. Dusk looked over to me and rubbed my back lightly, "Everything okay?"

I looked over to him and nodded my head slowly before laying on his chest, "Just another nightmare."

He let his fingers through my hair and looked out the window, "Midnight flight?"

I looked to him and nodded my head.

"Dusk...are you happy?" I asked, looking at a scar that was left over, that Dusk didn't want to heal due to it being so small. He told me one day that everyone needs one imperfection and we both created the same scar on our forearm. It has a slight glow to it, his being purple and mine simply black.

He looked down to me and sighed in a type of happiness, "I just never met them before. My parents. I mean, Galaxxy knew them for fourteen or fifteen years before they left, but it is kind of ironic. We both fought our parents like teenagers yet they were a threat."

I laughed and looked to the sky, turning around with his arms over me still as we glided, "I'm happy for you...I truly am happy for you."

He looked toward the sky before a slight breeze pushed past us. I felt my eye lids become heavy and soon I fell asleep in his arms. He chuckled, and although I was asleep, I felt him gently gliding down to the ground. As we landed, I heard the howl of Jordan who was on the hill and the purr of Koda next to him.

'Find me, Vega. Leave him. He is not your true match. He shall not take the throne,' a voice whispered with the wind.

True match echoed through my mind before I shivered and felt Dusk's warm jacket go over me.

Dusk sat down, me still in his arms, and I opened my eyes with tears forming. He looked to me and tilted his head before wiping a tear from my cheek, "What is it, hon'?"