3

I got a choice of 7 building around the area. There is building 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7. I went with 6 because it's filled with people more of my age. All the other building were filled with senior citizens, or families, and I felt that was too loud.

I start my job today. I can't wait. I go to my bedroom and look at some clothes. I haven't unpacked yet. I pick out a striped white and black blazer and black tight pants. I wear beige flats and I tie my dark blonde hair in a tight pony tail. I do natural looking makeup and I go on my way.

When I get in my elevator and go to the lobby, the cold air blows my face. They always leave the AC on so its always cold down here. I go towards the door and I am met with the back of a man in a black suit and tie.

"S'cuse me," I say with my head down. The man turns around and he seems to be very young.
"Oh hello. Sorry I blocked your way. Aren't you the new tenant?" He asks.
"Yes. How do you know?" I ask.
"Well, it wasn't hard to figure out since you arrived a few days ago with 4 suit cases. Unless you're visiting for a long time, that's my first guess," he replies. I laugh.
"I didn't see you when I was walking in."
"I was actually across the street getting coffee for the other doormen. I saw you arrive in a big neon business taxi so..." He says. He walks towards the door to open it for me.
"You're right. Well, it was nice meeting you," I say.
"You too, Dana," he says. My heart stops. I didn't tell him my name. How could he know it. Maybe he saw it on the mailbox when I moved in and figured I was the new tenant? Yeah, That's what he did. I shouldn't freak out.

••••••••••••

Work was very easy today. I edited today's and next weeks predicted Tuesday paper that I will later change when it's next Tuesday. I met my boss, Denis Parlo. He was so nice.

It's 8 in the afternoon and I've been at the shop across my apartment building for 1 hour and a half just drinking tea. I think, 'I have no friends here. What am I doing?' But then I remember Jonathan.

I immediately take out my phone and text him.

D: Hey Jonathan. It's Dana. How about that dinner?

He takes a few seconds and then replies.

J: Of course. Let's meet at your place.
D: Okay. Come to building 6 on Madison Avenue. I'm on the 8th floor. Just tell the doorman to ring you up.
J: Alright. See you then ;)

I leave the shop and run across the street to my building. The doorman opens the door.

"Hello, how was your day?" He asks.
"Great actually. Thank you for asking," I say.
"You're welcome. I didn't get to tell you my name. I'm Noah," he says. I put my hand out.
"Well, you already know my name, so we'll move on."
"I don't know your name," he says with a confused look on his face.
"This morning you said goodbye. You said my name after you said goodbye," I say. I slightly tilt my head.
"No I didn't," he laughs. I awkwardly laugh too.
"Well, then I guess I just heard things. I'm Dana," I say.
"What are your plans tonight, Dana?"
"Nothing much. I'm about to go to my apartment to change. I'm going out to dinner," I say giddily.
"Oh that's great. I hope you have fun," he says. We shake hands one more time and then I leave. I nod my head at him as the elevator doors close and he smiles and winks.

I get to my room and have no idea what to wear. We didn't even pick a time. I guess he's just going to show up in the hallway. I'm so unprepared. I haven't even told him my room number.

I wear a think grey dress that hugs my sides and pushes my boobs a little back so they don't look as big. It's a silk dress with cotton on the inside so it keeps me pretty warm. I fix my makeup to the way it was this morning. I add a little more dimension to my cheek bones with a light contour and then darken around my eyes with some light brown eye shadow. I put on a light glossy lipstick and I get my black sandals ready.