Chapter 2

"Sometimes it lasts in love, but sometimes it hurts instead."

       -Adele

She had been running. Tree roots snagged at the hem of her skirt. Her hair, which had been so neatly swept back only few hours ago, flew freely now, the silver comb dropped somewhere in the shrubbery. When she could run no more, she slowly slid down on to the moist ground. 

She was a mess. Tears were creating streaks across her dirty face.  She made no motion to wipe them away though. She was too busy experiencing oblivion. She had a blank expression on her face, and the now dirty wedding dress made the scene all the worse. If anyone were to see her now, they wouldn't recognise her, even though she was essentially a celebrity. 

A little bird came and sat on a branch not very far from her. It tweeted and this brought her back to her surroundings. She hurriedly wiped the tears away, though no on was going to see her anyway. She nestled herself more comfortably on the root of the tree. She smelled fresh pines and damp moss. She took a long breath to calm her nerves. Anxiety had build up in her again. 

 What the hell had happened? How had it happened? She shivered. All she wanted right now was him. And he was the only thing she couldn't have. How could he not be by her side anymore? She felt so lost. She shivered again, but this time she created a flame next to her, to keep her warm. She stared at the orange parts. It reminded her of Ron. 

 Thinking back to the wedding she seemed to notice what he had said earlier than most people. After the initial shock had surpassed, a new feeling of dread and embarrassment came over her. She looked around her and all she could see was the astonishment plastered on peoples’ faces. Harry took a tentative step toward her and everything seemed to blur. She reaslised tears were already pooling in her eyes.

A sudden adrenaline rush made her pick up her wand, which was in the podium next to Ron’s, and disapparate from there. She just needed to get away. She came to the only place she knew she was going to be alone in. The Forest of Dean. She had only come here twice and both times had been unforgettable, one more so than the other. She had come here camping with her parents once. It had seemed so alive. Later she came with her friends, that was when fear influenced everything she had done. Now, her third time around, it just felt empty.