Chapter 4

"Lie to me again," she said.

"I love you," he said.

She stumbled backwards a little after a mane of red hair attacked her. When she regained her posture, Ginny asked her if she was okay, if she needed anything to eat or drink and if she needed to go to the bathroom. Hermione let go and laughed at Ginny's last question. Her laugh attracted weird looks from the people in the room, the people who Hermione hadn't seen since the wedding. Then she remembered that that was in the morning. It felt like forever... Wow.

Professor McGonagall was there, so were Bill, Fluer and Victoire. Charlie and Percy apparated into the room right at that moment. They all looked at her expectantly in silence, almost as if she would burst into flames if it were too loud. It was quite unnerving. At last, it was Victoire who spoke up, "Auntie Mione, won't you sit down?"

Victoire had gotten up form her seat to give space to her. Hermione then walked up to the plush red armchair and sat down. She put Victoire on her lap.

Professor McGonagall said," Hermione dear, would you like for me to get you something to drink?"

"No, Professor. That's quite alright. Thank You," she replied.

The awkward silence fell in the room again. Hermione didn't know what to say so she started playing with Victoire's fingers. They were so small. And so much like hers. She missed being as young as Vic. Everything was simpler. Less complicated. It made life so much easier. All of a sudden, she had an urge to break something. Why was she so stupid? How could she not have seen it coming? She never wanted to get married, let alone raise a family now. Their hearts would be broken someday, anyway. What was the point?

Professor McGonagall made a small noise in the back of her throat. Everyone looked at her.

She said," So I better be off. Hogwarts' Gates close in a few minutes. Wouldn't want to be locked out."

Ginny thanked her for her kindness in showing up and ushered her into the fire.

Before she flooed, she added, " You take care of yourself now, Ms. Granger."

One by one, everyone started flooing back to their own houses, leaving only Hermione, Harry and Ginny.

"Can I go home now?" Hermione asked. She realised then that she didn't have a home anymore. The apartment she shared with Ron was under Ron's name and since they were't engaged anymore, she didn't have claim to it. Tears sprung up in her eyes at the thought.

Ginny quickly came to sit by her side and hugged her tightly. She said, "It'skay Mione, you can stay here as long as you like. We'll go find you a new apartment first thing tomorrow. You can take Teddy's room for now. Would you like to go sleep?"

As Ginny quietly soothed her, tears kept streaming silently on Hermione's cheeks. She finally nodded when Ginny asked her to get changed out of her wedding gown.

Alone in the bathroom, Hermione looked at herself in the mirror. Her eyes were swollen and her hair looked like a bird's nest. No wonder Ron had stopped loving her. She looked like Fluffy, without the extra heads. She felt embarrassed. The one person she knew she trusted in completely, was the one who betrayed her in the most severe of ways.

As she climbed onto Teddy's little bed, she felt numb. No emotions were strong enough to be caught by her brain to process it. She didn't feel anger, nor did she feel remorse. She felt empty.

"How... Why would he do that, Harry? Is he stupid?" Ginny was shout whispering in the hallway.

Hermione could feel the rage in the redhead's voice. "I mean, if he was going to break it off with her, he should have done it earlier. Not when the wedding march is literally playing," she continued. Harry tried to calm his wife, failing miserably. "Look at Hermione. That poor thing. She is strong, we all know that. But nobody's that strong. Oh my god Harry. I'm going to kill that bastard."

Inside the blankets, Hermione laughed to herself. Ginny called her own brother a bastard. Way too funny. Hermione fell into a dreamless sleep that night. With only one thought circling her head. 'He was a bastard. One that didn't deserve Hermione Granger.'

Hellooo my loveliess. I'm really sorry I couldn't update sooner. My mocks got in the way :/ Thank you for all your lovely messages, reviews and PM's. Reading them always make my days. No joke. @Sprinklesnaps, I love reading your PMs. Thank you :) and @wayabovetheclouds, I promise I'll try to make the chapters longer :P. But all aside, thank you all for reading, and I hope you keep doing so. Don't forget to Follow/Fan, Vote and Comment on how I can better my writing.

Love always,

Shiv xx