Prologue

Run, run don't stop! I thought as I ran through the forest mountains. Have to get away! So close! I urged myself to go faster. I couldn't give up now. I had finally escaped. After 200 years with those vile humans, being passed down from generation to generation for my healing uses I had finally found a way to be free. I had healed their sick in chains. And now-I had finally escaped their clutches-and the chains were gone!

I stopped to catch my breath and I looked around. It was the middle of autumn and the leaves were in full colors. Red, yellow, orange, brown, gold-it was beautiful. I sighed as I felt the cool autumn breeze against my skin. I felt tears pierce my eyes. I hadn't felt the breeze in so long.
I gripped my bow tighter. It felt so familiar. "It has been too long." I said gazing at the bow fondly. I ran my fingers lightly over the wood and read the familiar engraving. {Picture Above}

To our beloved daughter. May this bow serve you well and your arrows be true to their marks.
Ada and Naneth.

I took a deep breath and smiled. I was going to go home. Too my family. To see my brother Legolas and my father the King of Mirkwood, Thranduil.
I was his daughter
Isadora.
Elven Princess of Mirkwood.

Suddenly I heard the bay of a dog. I looked behind me to see if there were any that were near. Then I bolted.
Every step I took, every crunch I made, jolted me. I felt branches scratch my face as I frantically ran. And that's when the dogs were upon me leaping out of the bushes like an ambush. I grabbed and arrow from my quiver and notched it. About 7 dogs surrounded me all circling me snarling. I heard the hoof beats of a horse and there he was.
My master.
He glared at me from atop his mount, his green eyes burning with fury.  Two more riders approached. His gaze then softened. "Tsk tsk tsk little one. Why are you running?" He asked, gentle sarcasm in his tone. I pointed my arrow at him. A dog behind me snarled. I saw the two guards unsheathe their own bows. My master raised a hand and they  stopped. Though they still held their bows at the ready.
"We've been nothing but kind to you my pet." He cooed.
"Don't you dare call me that." I spat.
The master lowered his gaze and sighed. "I fear you have little use to me anymore-kill her." He ordered.
I gasped as I shifted and I felt a piercing pain shoot through my left shoulder. I let out a cry of pain as I fell backwards.
Before anything else happened, I heard a yell. Looking up I saw two figures burst from the trees above. The guards didn't even see it coming. The figures quickly dispatched of the two guards.
The master whipped his horse around confused. Before he had time I loosened my arrow.

The arrow found its mark.
The master let out a gurgle as the arrow stabbed his back right where his heart should have been.
But I doubt he had one.
The dogs had long since disappeared back to the kennels.
As soon as I was sure I had killed him I dropped my bow onto the forest floor and groaned collapsing. The arrow was lodged into my shoulder.
Then two faces were above me. I recognized them as dwarves.
"Easy there now." The dark haired one said. "We're going to help you." He said in a non threatening tone. He looked up to his companion. "Fili we need to remove it." He said to the lighter haired dwarf. Fili nodded. "I know Kili." He replied.

Kili looked at me. "I'm going to hold you down while Fili takes the arrow out okay?" He said.
"Just do it already!" I snapped.
I thought I saw Kilis lips twitch upward. He nodded and held me down. Fili bent over me and gripped the arrow. I winced as the slight movement. "On the count of 3." Fili said.
"One, Two-"
And he pulled.
I let out a cry of pain that echoed through the forest. A bunch of ravens took flight squawking like nobodies business.
I rolled over and curled up into a ball. "What happened to three?" I asked in a groan of pain. I heard Fili chuckle. Suddenly I felt a hand grab me and turn me back on my back. The white, old, but beautiful dress I wore had a spot of red on it. "Easy now we need to clean it out." Kili said. I nodded. "What have you got?" I asked.
The dwarves looked at each other. "Water, and mead." Fili told me.
I sighed. "What I wouldn't give for some Miruvor." I hissed.
The dwarves exchanged a look. I then sighed and nodded.
"Alright then. Use the mead. Once the burning stops I'll wash it out with water later on." I murmured. They nodded and Fili took it out of his satchel.

I tore my dress so the shoulder was exposed. I saw the wound. It wasn't bad-for a close range arrow shot-but my biggest fear was it getting infected.
I looked up to see Fili ready with the mead. "Hold her down Kili." Fili said. Kili nodded and placed his hands on my good shoulder. And my head. Fili then started to pour the mead onto my injury.
It burned. I grit my teeth. I felt Kilis grip on me tighten but I stayed still. Once they'd finished cleaning up the wound I saw Kili rip part of his shirt hem off. He then raised it towards my arm. At my disgusted look he let out a laugh. I blinked surprised not expecting that reaction.
"Don't worry it's clean." He assured me. I nodded and he started to wrap my shoulder.
Finally once everything was packed I got up and smiled at the two dwarves. "I'm truly in debt to you." I said kindly. The dwarves smiled. "We usually don't help elves but we were walking along and-"
"Why don't you help elves?" I asked surprised. They blinked as if not expecting that question. "We haven't had the best relationship with elves these last few years." He said. "Oh." I said.
"What is your name?" Kili asked.
I blinked surprised by the sudden question. "Isa." I said. "My name is Isa."
Kili nodded. "It's an honor to meet you." He said. I smiled and bowed my head. "And an honor to meet you master dwarves." I said.
They nodded. "We better get going," Fili said.
I blinked and grabbed my bow. "Fili we can't just leave her!"  Kili hissed.
"If our uncle knew-" Fili countered.
"He won't have to know." Kili said.
Fili sighed. "Fine. We'll get her some new clothes and help her on her way."
Kili broke out into a grin. He then turned to me. "Allow us My Lady." He said. "We'll help you get back on your feet." He said.
I smiled and bowed. "I am most grateful."