Chapter Two

I sighed and looked at them. "So where are we headed?" I asked. Fili jerked his head up. "We? There is not we. We've helped you now be on your way." He said.

I blinked, a tad hurt. "I don't have anywhere to go." I said softly. Kili gave me a sad look and glared at his brother. "Let her come with us Fili!" He pleaded with his brother.

Kili looked at his brother and then me. After a few grumbles he sighed. "All right. But if Thorin gets mad it will be on you!" He said. I nodded.

Using some more money we had, we bought mounts. Kili and Fili bought both two brown ponies while I purchased a beautiful pure black stallion.

When I looked around the stalls as Fili and Kili chose their mounts I saw a young man trying to control a large black stallion who was leaping around and pawing the air as he reared his magnificent head. I stepped towards the beast.

"I wouldn't go near that one my lady, he's a nasty beast that one." The stable owner warned.

I stared into the horses dark brown eyes. He let out a wild scream and kicked the door, making it rattle.
"What is his name?" I asked without taking my eyes off the stallion.
The man holding him shook his head as he dived away from a kick. "We didn't give 'im one miss. Beasts like 'im aren't worth a name."

I shook my head and glared at the man. "That's where you are wrong. He deserves a name." I said speaking louder. The black stallions cries ceases but he still hopped around.

"Av-'osto." {Don't be afraid} I said softly in Sindarian elvish the tongue of my people.

The black stallion let out a small scream but stopped moving. I slowly approached him. Our gazes were locked onto each other.

"Im Isadora." {I am Isadora.} I said softly. I was now next to him. He stared at me and fidgeting slightly. I cooed at him and he stopped. I heard a faint gasp from one of the dwarves.

"I understand you don't have a name. Such a beautiful and spirited creature like you should have a name befitting of your grand self." I murmured reaching out to him. He jerked away slightly and I backed my hand up. I held it out waiting.

"Êl síla erin lû e-govaned vîn."  {A star shines on the hour of our meeting.}
The stallion nickered and then pushed his nose into my awaiting hand. I smiled and gave him a gentle pet on the nose.

"Faenor." I said. "His name shall be Faenor." I said.

Fili looked at me. "What does that mean?" He asked.

I turned and smiled at him. "Spirit of fire." I said. "It means spirit of fire." I said running my fingers gently through his mane. "I'll take him." I said turning towards the stable owner.

The stable owner gawked at me. "And you'd think I'd sell him to you?" He asked incredulously.

I threw the man a sack of money. "For the right price." I said back. "There's money in their for his supplies as well." I said nodding my head towards the pouch.

The man caught the sack of gold and blinked stunned. He looked like he was about to argue but Faenor let out a large snort and swung his head at the man holding his ropes. Without another word the man left to grab my saddle and supplies.

The stable hand stood there stunned. I laughed and smiled at him. "Close your mouth-you'll catch flies." I chided. The man snapped his jaws shut with a click.
"How did you do that?" He asked.
I blinked calmly at the young man. He couldn't have been more than 18. "You must understand what these animals are going through." I said. "Not giving a name is like not giving someone an identity." I said. "All he wants is to be loved and cared for." I said.

The man came back with my supplies.
I quickly saddled up and hopped on my new mount. He shifted slightly under my light weight. "Easy now." I said in the common tongue.
He stopped.

I then stared down at the two men. "A pleasure doing business with you." I said before racing out the stables, Kili and Fili hot on my heels.