Chapter two

°Kenzie°

"Rise and shine baby sister." I heard Ashton say as he open my bedroom curtains, letting in the sunshine. The sun was killing my eyes and my head ached. It was like I had a hangover, except I didn't drink at all. It was normal for me; getting four hours of sleep didn't make me feel great.

After I got home I crashed. I thought about what went down the whole walk home. It wasn't unusual for Michael and I to argue. I didn't like it but it happens more often than it use to. It all goes back to Sierra, and I guess in a way it is my fault. I'm the one who's choosing to act like a bitch, but on the other hand, I do have a good reason.

I climbed slowly out of bed and walked into my bathroom. One look in the mirror and I knew I needed a shower. My hair was everywhere, and I had make up stains everywhere. I stripped out of my clothes and took a quick shower.

After my shower, I put on a black pair of shorts and a white T-shirt, with a pair of white converse.

"Kenzie." Ashton knocked on my bedroom door.

"Come in." I said while slipping on my shoes.

"Hey, Michael will be here in five." He announced.

"So?" I sat on my bed , tying my shoes.

"So. We're going to the mall, it's my only day off."

"With Michael?" I stood up quickly, but soon tripping over my shoe laces and falling on my face.

"Yes with Michael. You're so weird." He shook his head at me, before walking away.

I helped myself up off of the floor , tying my shoes. I grabbed my phone and dialed my best friend, Emily's number.

"Why are you calling me this early?" Emily whined. Just like Michael, Emily knew about my little adventures at four in the morning. The only difference was that she was okay with it. As long as I was drinking or doing drugs, it was fine in her book.

"It's an emergency. Last night Mikey showed up again, and we argued again, and I hate this." I sighed loudly.

"Hate what?" She asked tiredly. I could hear her yawn on the other side of the phone, which means I woke her up by calling. Which most of the time, wasn't a smart thing to do.

"I'm tired of pretending like it doesn't hurt." I tried to explain the best I could.

"I know but he's happy, Kenzie. You can't take that away from him. Besides, if you were to stop pretending, then you would ruin years of friendship." I didn't even have to say Sierra's name, Emily just knew exactly what I was talking about. Emily has always been there for me. I called her crying the night Michael announced he was dating Sierra. She knows about Michael, and my promise to myself. She at one point even had a tiny crush on him, but it went away once she met Ashton a couple of years back.

"I know and I don't to ruin that at all, but I hate that relationship, I hate her, and I hate that he won't listen to me when I warn him." I practically yelled.

"Kenzie, I know that. You've always hated her."

"But it's amplified now." I told her.

"Makenzie let's go." Ashton yelled from the living room, which more than likely meant that Michael was here.

"Was that Ashton?" She said excitedly and more awake.

"I gotta go Emily. I'll call you about this later." I hung up and went to the living room where Ashton and Michael were waiting by the door.

Michael was wearing black skinny jeans, as always, and a green day T-shirt with murdered out converse plus a blue jean jacket. He was also wearing our matching bracelets that we've collecting over the years. When I say bracelets, I mean multiple bracelets, like a lot.