Chapter 5

Tony sat hunched over his chair in the library. His study session feature him by himself, with no awkward blond to blush at his snarky remarks. Steve had taken the time to write very very detailed notes, color coded, for Tony to study from. His boyfriends excuse for not showing up was that he had taken up a job at the towns local library and could no longer help him on Wednesday's or Friday's. He mentioned something about a motorcycle needing repairs but Tony has never seen him in such a thing. That must be quite a sight...

Tony sighed and ripped his bored gaze from the worksheet to the clock.

"I've spent 35 minutes doing this, I think I'll take a break." Tony said to himself and grinning like an idiot.

-

Steve sat behind the circle desk in front of the library doors. Rows and rows of books circled the sides and the back of where he sat. He was very happy with his new job, as reading was a hobby of his. He picked up a book, flipped to the back, and placed a barcoded sticker on the cover. The library had just gotten a new shipment of books, so Steve was left on sticker duty. Natasha, his co-worker, had bounced away somewhere. So as far as Steve knew he was alone in the building. He sighed and pushing up his glasses, stared at the huge stack of books he'd already finished sticking stickers on. He heaved them onto a cart and began weaving in and out of isles, placing books carefully where they belonged. He found himself in the History section, filing away a biography on Abe Lincoln, when a red book caught his eye. It had no name engraved into the side, making Steve's suspicions rise. He pulled it out and on the cover pressed a single black star. Steve raised his eyebrow examining the outside of the book. It wasn't incredibly thick like most of the books in the section and didn't seem to have any sort of writing on the outside. He pulled up a stool from the corner of the isle and sat down to further examine it. As he was about to open it, he heard the front door chime.

Steve was snapped out of his trance and quickly called out, "I'll be with you in a minute!"

Stuffing the book where it was before and lugging the cart out of the isle, he trekked back up the front. No one stood there, he figured maybe they went to go look around. Turning his cart back around he moved on to a different section of the store.

Steve stood, with two books in hand, in the cooking isle quietly singing the alphabet to himself.

"I...J...K...L...M! McDonald!" He mumbled to himself.

Out of the corner of his eye, he swore he saw a figure rush into the isle to the right of him. Steve quickly filed the books away and pushed his cart into the isle where he saw the figure dart into. He was met with an empty isle.

"Hm...oh well. Oh, wait! I needed to be here anyway," Steve said glancing up at the sign that read 'Fiction'.

Steve had put almost every book into its place when he saw the same figure from earlier before move into a different isle. This started to freak Steve out. Either he was seeing things or someone, something, was messing with him. Pushing up his glasses, he slowly paced into the isle following the mysterious figure. Again, the blond was met with an empty isle. He sighed and slumped his shoulders.

"Hey."

Steve jumped and quickly ran the opposite way, into the isle ahead of him. He almost would of ran head first into a shelf of books of a hand didn't come out and grab his waist.

"Babe, babe, relax its me." Tony said chuckling.

"Tony!" Steve said annoyed, "Don't do that to me."

"Sorry! I didn't know visiting you was so scary." Tony joked.

Steve spun around in Tony's now loosening grip. He sighed and pressed their foreheads together. Opening his eyes, he stared into Tony's beautiful brown ones. He smiled and tugged on the side of his glasses.