Chapter 5

Yes, I've made mistakes
But life doesn't come with instructions. 

~Tumblr~

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Mikeal was elated when he heard that his son had left Tatia but was once again disappointed when he heard he was courting a bastard child and didn't back down from voicing his opinions but the couple didn't let it get to them as they enjoyed each other. 

They had been courting each other for a little week and still met up every day at the lake but Elijah had also taken her out to a meadow on a horse and he had prepared a picnic for the two of them and had eaten it by the lake. 

Rebekah and Niklaus had both been overjoyed when they heard the news and stood behind them through everything along with Esther who still adored Kailee. Finn and Kol were happy for the couple but held back a bit, contrary to the other two. Henrik didn't really care a lot but liked her better than Tatia. 

Villagers were happy for them as well, safe for Tatia and her family. Her parents hated her, saying how she didn't allow her daughter happiness with the man she loved and Tatia cursed her for everything under the sun. 

Ayanna had said she wouldn't stay single for long because she had seen in her future the two would soon be wed. 

While the witch was overjoyed at the happiness that had settled in Kailee's life, she did warn her of what it could bring in the future. 

"Their memories of this time are locked,-" She had said. "If you two are wed, he won't remember it from the time you arrive back in your own time. Something will trigger the memories but there is no saying what or who. Be careful, my dear."  

Like Ayanna had predicted, Kailee did not stay single for long because just two months after Elijah asked permission to court her, he went again to ask permission for her hand in marriage. 

Getting a yes from her, he asked his brother to help him build a hut after he asked if she wanted to be married to him. 

One day, an unknowing Kailee went to the lake for their dayly meet up and smiled as she saw Elijah there. 

She quickly sat next to him and they started talking. There was never a time that they didn't have anything to talk about, when they were silent it was never uncomfortable. 

"How have you been, my lovely?" Elijah asked after pecking her lips. 

"I've been great. Tatia came up to me again but Niklaus was there, she even tried to flirt with him but he didn't fall for it." She told him. "What about you, how have you been today?" 

"I've been great. It was nice to spend it together with my brothers as we were working together today. Mother and Rebekah have been bothering me all day about you and I and father has been... well, he's been father." 

She took a deep breath. "Hey, what is bothering you." 

"Father." His immediate response was. "I mean, I'd like not to worry about our children in his presense, you know? When we have children, I'd rather be assured that he won't do anything to them but when he is like this, I can't be certain." 

"When we have children, huh?" She teased him. 

He chuckled. "That's the only thing you heard, was it?" 

"No, but it was the only thing I actually liked hearing." She confessed. "Anyway, what was so urgent that I needed to come here, now?" 

"I have a question." He said.