Chapter 25

Dream big. 
Start small. 
Act now. 

~Unknown~

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  

Kailee was sitting against the headboard of her bed as Caroline was messing around in her closet, trying to find something to wear for both her and Caroline self. 

Caroline was staying at her apartment with Niklaus, who was coming over later, and her siblings and children. 

It had been Caroline who had dropped by in the middle of the night. She couldn't sleep and all she had on her mind was Niklaus so she figured she could better go and see Kailee as she knew Niklaus quite well and was her best friend. Her only real friend. 

They had spend long hours talking to each other and Kailee confessed everything. At first she was aprehensive about it but when she heard what Elena Gilbert and the others did to her, how they manipulated her into believing she was their friend but only used them. She only found out by chance when she was listening in on a conversation between Damon and Elena where Bonnie and Stefan were present and expressed their agreement. 

She didn't want Caroline to go through the same with her so she decided to tell her about everything that happened and who Alexander and Lysandra really were. 

At first, the blonde was upset but afterwards she got why her silent friend had kept it silent and forgave her. 

For the rest of the night they talked about Niklaus and Elijah as well as the rest of the Original family now and when they were human. 

"What about this?" The blonde asked, shaking Kailee out of her thoughts. 

Looking up, Kailee saw Caroline walking out of her with a black and white striped dress, white Vans sneakers and a jean jacket. 

"Looks good." She smiled. 

A bit later, Kailee was over at Niklaus' to spend some time with Rebekah.

The two were reading some magazines while Niklaus was at her apartment with her children and his brother and Elijah was in the living room with them but he was reading a book.

All of the sudden, Elena walked in. Kailee knew the latest Döppelganger was staying at the Mikealson mansion for safety reasons- much to the displeasure of Kailee and Rebekah.

Esther had promised Elena that she would kill her if she told any of her children but aparently she didn't want to have any of them to die and told Elijah who in turn offered a place in his home to keep her safe.

The blonde Original had hoped that her sister in law would not have to witness her husband interacting with Elena but alas, she would and she felt for her because she could imagine how hard it was for Kailee to see her husband, talk to her husband but her husband not remembering her.

But to see your husband interacting with a woman who resembles a lot to the woman who threatened to destroy your relationship years ago, that was something she couldn't even imagine.

She knew Elijah did not know what and who he really was to Kailee but Kailee didn't make it a secret either that she was in love with him and she knew her brother knew, yet he was conversing with the döppelganger like she wasn't in the room and he wasn't hurting her feelings by doing so.

"I'm quite sure that is not true." Elijah said.

Kailee tried her best to block out the conversation and focus on the article in the magazine but the giggling of the döppelganger didn't allow her to.