three

"Hey!"

She found someone entering her personal bubble, a secluded corner in the canteen.

She was reading about evolution of living organisms, the way the nature had created the first self replicating device and life came into existing. Life –a term rather expressed as cell or deoxyribonucleic acids or ribonucleic acids or protein or... It can just go on. But nothing was true, nothing was a right definition.

Life was magical; it wasn't just chemical or physical entity but more than that. It was amusing to see how few chemicals and physical factors created life yet they can't just restart it the same way. Life really was magical and science was the key to magic.

Her mind-space was disrupted, was tarnished by a hurricane - a bloody Hey.

She bookmarked the page of that book with the pages in which she wrote the key points and closed the book. She stared at the intruder's face.

Mr. Bloody Hey!

"Hey...Um...We just met there at library."

Mr. Bloody Hey turned out to be the fool from library.

"You fell there where your imaginary mind thinks we met and I got this book." she tapped at the cover of book on the table to signify her point.

His brows rose, an involuntary action for her words. He scratched his temple, "Um...Yeah..."

"May I know why you are here?"

"Hmm?"

She sighed, "Dude, what you want?"

"Nothing."

"Get lost."

With that she opened the book and started to read the page where she had left.

"What?"

"Can you please get lost from here, I am studying." she replied, her eyes glued to book.

Slowly but steadily he got up, "Rude." he murmured.

"I said get lost, not to judge me."

"I am not judging." he paused, "You are actually rude."

She sighed.

"If you don't believe me, just think about it." he dared to tell her. Before she could respond to his words, he left her alone.

Alone with the thought of what disclosed in front of her, what she felt about herself and what she should feel about herself.

She dismissed her rambling thoughts and continued to read the book.

---