αиais ρєяєz ☮

"Anais, come and eat your food."

Yeah, I adopted. Turns out that I was eligible to adopt, so...I did. Things were getting pretty lonely around here, and since I don't have a wife, I adopted a child.

When I had gotten all the information, turns out Anais had just came in from her old home. Her background is pretty sad, being that she is only four , I didn't want her to go through all of that moving from house to house and everything. Anyway, when I found out I was qualified, her case worker just happened to over hear the conversation that I wanted to adopt a little girl, and Anais was just..there really.

She does have a major disability though, mute. Well, at least they think she is. When social security's first got her, she didn't talk at all. They found no records what so ever on her birth, education, or parents. The only way they found out her age is because when they asked her, she held up four fingers. Because she doesn't talk or write, we don't know her birth name, so they said I could name her. I have to be on my toes all the time since anything can happen and she might not make a sound. Today is the day he moved in and everything is just getting settled down.

We sat together at the dining room table, silently.

" Do you like your room? " I asked

She nodded in reply.

" Do you want to watch a movie after dinner?"

Her eyes lit up as she nodded her head vigorously.

" I'm guessing you like movies, well how about we go to the red box at the ice cream parlor, and get some ice cream for desert?"

She got down from her seat, walking over and climbing on to my lap. This is the first time she was actually showing affection to me since I met her. Because I'm not used to it, I just sat there letting her have her way.

I can tell she's going to be spoiled by the time she's 18. I remember on our first visit, I had asked her what she wanted when I came back next time and she got out her coloring book and pointed to some clothes. I nearly bought the whole store. She's quite the fashionista for her age. She won't let me pick out any of her outfits either. It's like her real parents never gave her independence, so she wants to do everything by herself. Or maybe she's in that stage? I really need to read some books or something about kids.

" Anias, let's get ready okay. "

She looked up at me making a goofy face then climbed off my lap, taking my huge hand into her tiny one. We walked down the hall, and into her room. She let go of my hand and when I was about to walk away, she stomped her foot.

" What? " I asked

She held up her tiny finger at me, telling me to wait. She walked inside her closet, pulling out her some also tiny footy-pajamas. She shook them out, and started to take her shirt off. When she was done putting them on, she walked back over to me and unzipped the top of her pajamas a couple of times, then pointed to me.

" Do you want me to zip it up for you? " I asked

She shook her head, pointing to me, then to her pajamas.

" I hope your not saying you want us to match. "

She held up her thumb, indicating that I got it right.

" Anias, I'm too old for that. "

She shook her head poking out her lip. Man, she's so adorable.

" Fine, but you owe me."

-

-

These looks aren't getting any better. The women look at me like the most cutest, loveable guy in the world, then the guys look at me like...well how would you look if you saw a grown man with a curly afro in footy-pajamas in an ice creme shop? Excatly. But, as long as it's making my baby happy, I don't even care.

" Okay, which ice cream flavour do you want?" I asked her.

She put her hand above the chocolate ice cream.

" Chocolate huh."

She nodded her head, smiling.

" What can I get for you today sir?" The cashier asked.

" Um, can I get a sm-"

I was cut off my Anais muffing me in the mouth.

" What was that for?" I snapped

She cupped her hands, pointing back at the ice cream.

" Do you want a cup?"

She nodded her head in reply.

" Okay lets try this again, can I get a small, chocolate ice cream in a cup," I said putting great emphasize on cup, " and also a large strawberry waffle cone."

He pressed some buttons on the cash machine and it came to the total to 6.50. I set Anais down and pulled out the amount needed, handing it to him. While he was scoping out the ice cream, we walked to the red-box.

" Anais, what movie do you want?" I asked.

She looked at the billboard on the side of the red box and pointed to a scary movie.

" I don't little kids watch that, how about Dora or something." I replayed

She shrugged her shoulders and held her hands up, asking for me to pick her up.

" Now lets go get the ice cream, then we can go home."

We walked back over to the cash register and picked up the ice cream.

Again, the looks we were receiving were crazy. I even heard a few people whisper. Oh well. I strapped Anais in her pink car seat, careful not to spill the ice creme, and returned to the drivers seat.

-

-

I found out she can laugh, just not talk. While in the car, I was singing, and she laughed. It took me by surprise really. I'm glad she can make one noise. I popped the popcorn, and slid in the movie. We decided to pick Dora. Anais ate all her ice cream in the car along with me also and boy was it good.

About 10 minutes into the movie, I looked down and Anais was sleep. I picked her up gently, walking her to her room. Good thing she was already in her pajamas. I pulled up the covers, and closed the door heading to my room. Even though I have Anais, I still felt like something else was missing.

[ another update :) isn't she so cute :3 lol. but should be updating The Fallen soon. Got an idea ;) don't forget to comment tho. forgive my mistakes, wasn't really feeling this chapter.... ]