Ditching

"I love you babe" he whispered in my ear as he pulled me into a tight hug.
"I love you too Austin" I replied trying to keep calm
I looked into his deep blue eyes and he seemed to be moving closer and closer forwards.
'Oh my fucking God, he's going to kiss me' a voice inside my head screamed, making me slightly panick. I've never kissed him before, scratch that, I've never kissed ANYONE before! (Not that I'm ever going to tell him that). He moved closer and closer until he was millimetres from my face.

My alarm suddenly made me jolt out of bed onto the floor. Damn it, another amazing dream ruined by my stupid alarm on my phone. On the bright side it was my favourite song by The Tide, Young Love. It took a few moments for my brain to being functioning properly, but then it sunk in. "OH MY GOD" I exclaimed in excitement, today was the day that I would FINALLY meet my favourite band in the whole world, The Tide. And more importantly, I would be meeting Austin Corini, lead singer. I loved him so much, he was the sweetest guy. (Or so I'd heard, I'd never actually met him before).

It was Monday morning which would normally mean shook but, even my mum understood how much this meant to me to meet him, she she allowed one day off of school to go and meet him. I texted my best friend, Marlee, who was meeting them with me.

"Are you awake?!"
"Duh!!! I'm so fucking excited"
"OMG me too, don't forget the banner"
"I won't, see you in ten"

I threw my phone onto the bed and ran into the bathroom to brush my teeth and brush my hair so that I didn't look like a complete zombie when Marlee came over. When I got back to my room I put my phone straight on charge so that I knew that it would have a high battery all day, also making sure that my travel charger was fully charged and in my handbag (just incase). I was going to wait for Marlee to come over to plan an outfit, but I couldn't wait, I had no idea what I was going to wear so I decided to try on a few outfits. I knew that a dress was out of the question because I was going to be dancing and jumping at the concert later tonight, so a dress would be a BAD idea. After trying on countless outfits, I decided on a pair of black skinny jeans, a corset style vest (much comfier than it sounds) and a pair of tan Chelsea boots.

As I finished buttoning my jeans, my phone alerted me that I had a new text message -

'I'm outside can I just walk in?-M'
'Sure I'm in my room, come straight up-E'

Within seconds I heard pounding footsteps on my stairs. My bedroom door flew open and there stood Marlee wearing the most excited expression I've ever seen her with.

"I can't believe I'm meeting Levi" she cried.
"I know, I can't believe I'm meeting Austin, finally"

-------------------

We arrived at the venue at 1pm with only 10 minutes to spare, there was a traffic jam on the way into Birmingham which we clearly hadn't planned for. We patiently waited in the queue, still absolutely feeling like none of this was actually going to happen. I felt like I was waiting for my alarm to go off any second and wake me up.

The doors opened and a wave of anxiety blew over me. I wasn't a bad feeling but I was so worried about messing something up while I was talking to them. The security guards took our tickets and checked out bags to make sure we weren't planning on doing drugs in there or doing any harm to the band.

We were taken into a room that looked like a classroom, there was a wipe-board which people were doodling "WE LOVE THE TIDE" on. Suddenly there was a scream, the scream doubled and then pretty soon the entire room was screaming. I wanted to scream, seeing them four perfect human beings stood before us, but I couldn't, I couldn't do anything but stare at them. Austin Corini, Drew Dirksen, Levi Jones and Nate Parker all stood there before us, smiling and waiting for the screaming to die down a little.

Nate and Levi came to our side of the room and Austin and Drew went to the opposite side to meet and greet the fans who had come to see them. Marlee ran to Levi and practically jumped onto him clinging onto him with her arms and legs wrapped around him. He laughed and hugged her back. She took selfies while trying not to cry. Nate was also taking pictures with people and talking to everyone. I could see Drew and Austin across the room, slowly making their way to our side of the room. I headed towards Levi smiling when I noticed that Marlee was pointing at me. "Act normal" the voice in my head scolded.

"Hi Levi, I'm Emma" I smiled at him, only half paying attention, my entire focus was currently wondering where Austin was, but I couldn't see him.
"Hey Emma, nice to meet you" Levi replied, clearly noticing that not all of my attention was on him. He cleared his throat to get my attention and I snapped back. I took a picture with him but was still completely focused on looking for Austin.

"Thanks so much" I said to him once I had taken the picture, walking backwards and falling into someone so hard it sent both of us tumbling to the floor. I grabbed the hand that was held out in front of me.