The Dark Side of the Moon (Part 1)

GUYS I LOVE YOU ALL!! I hit 100k views and I'm SO EXCITED!!! This is kinda a sad imagine, but the second part to this will be a bit more fun and upbeat:)

Life is lived in memories. Every moment where you think, "Right now", has already passed. Time just ticks on and leaves you wherever you're standing, all the way up until your time runs out.

It happened faster than you could have imagined. Of course, there was pain, but it was quickly put to the side as your trickling life force began to deplete. The only thing you could utter was a choked gasp before you fell to the concrete, your sword clattering onto the ground next to you.

You and Allison were sisters. You had hunted together, trained together, laughed together, cried together... It was only poetic that you died together.

You looked over at her as she fell to the ground as well. Shock was written over her features as she stared at the blood slowly pumping out if the hole in her chest. You caught her eye as you held your own battle wound, and her shock morphed into horror.

She coughed, blood spraying across the ground in front of her,

"(Y/N)? It's going to be alright. Don't think about it as a goodbye. Think of it as a hello to an entire new plane of living. We'll be free."

Your eyes began to water as you held on to your soul, which was trying to flee from its shell. You nodded, took a shaky breath, and said,

"I love you, Allison. You're the best sister and friend a girl could have."

She nodded and mouthed, "I love you, too", as Scott sprinted over and cradled her in his arms. You faintly heard running feet and uneven breathing come closer to you. A solid, warm hand gently lifted you up and placed you on the lap of someone that you were both overjoyed and heartbroken to see.

Isaac shook his head as his hands cupped your face,

"No, no, NO, (Y/N)!! Don't leave me, please, I'm begging you. Let me...let me try to take the pain away...maybe that'll help you hold on."

He closed his eyes in concentration, but you felt no different. Your soul was still trying to lift out of your body and over the clouds. You reached up with what little strength you had to wipe away one of the many tears that had escaped your favorite ice blue eyes,

"It's ok, Isaac. I don't feel any pain."

He buried his face into the crook of your neck as sobs overtook him, "But, (Y/N), there's nothing I can do to save you!! I love you, and I feel so helpless!"

You placed your limp hand on his cheek, held it there for a moment, and then let it drop from the futility of it all. He lifted his head to look into your eyes, even though he couldn't bear to watch the sparkle slowly dull.

"Kiss me."

Isaac did as you asked, but it was as gentle as if he had brushed a butterfly wing onto your lips. He whispered, "I love you."

You repeated the words as the world around you melted away. You finally let go of your soul.

~~~

The feeling of your soul bursting from the human shell that it had been confined to was intoxicating. The complete freedom that you felt was more than you could have dreamed of. Instead of rising to the heavens, though, you hovered near the ground.